PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been grated a variation to care for 3 under one

Ben10mad
08-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Hiya, I could do with some advice of anyone can help. I care for a few children under the age of 5 all here on different days and hours. My daughter Is 8 weeks at the mo and have been asked to care for twins from December who will be 10 months old. I do have an assistant and together we can care for two under one together but do you think they would let me have 3 under one 3 days a week? Any comments would be helpful, thanks

jayjay1963
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Two friends of mine who worked together did just that. One of them was a mother of a newborn (two weeks old:eek: ) and they took on 3 month old twin girls, Ofsted were fine with it as they could show that they were able to care for them plus they had 3 other under 4s!

It's best to give Ofsted as much info about provision for them as you can even if you look like you're waffling on a bit! List things like equipment and daily plans to show you are able to meet their needs.

Good luck:D

jacqui

sarah707
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
There's no telling what Ofsted will say... but you stand a better than most chance as you have an assistant.

All you can do is apply and see what happens! Good luck :D

boxtree7
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes I was when I had my son .. it was for a sibling and newbie - I worked with an assistant - I required my variation for 3 days a week & for 4 months - remember to include any holidays the children have during the variation.