PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed please......

Toothfairy
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I know you fantastic CM's will be able to come up with some ideas.

I have a 10m old, a 2.5yr old and a 22m old almost every day and I am running out of activities for them.
To be honest I'm getting a bit board doing the same old thing over and over again too, so I need some insperation please.

I'm OK craft wise but its other activities I'm running low on ideas for, I do the usual messy play, play dough, toys, garden, etc etc but what else can I do with them?

All ideas gratefully recieved :thumbsup:

rhea26
08-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Were usually out in the morning at park, library, farm etc then get back for lunch if not having a picnic out, how about making dens with them, baking, I have a childrens music dvd which they love and we get the instruments out, I know what you mean I sometimes feel like we do the same things and need new ideas!

Becci26
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
what about some childrens yoga?

jayjay1963
08-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Do you use heuristic play/ treasure baskets with them? I'm sure there are some links on here about it. I find it fascinating observing them with this kind of activity:D

jacqui

Toothfairy
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I have treasure baskets, a sock basket, peg basket etc, I do baking and song & dance. I go to CM group, soft play, pre school gym, musical bumps, library etc too.

I have no play school runs to do just primary school runs, so I have from 9am - 3pm to fill everyday and my 2.5yr old has no nap, my 22m old just has one 40min nap and the 10m old just has a couple of 20min naps it you're lucky.
So I find it hard to keep the activities varied as I have 6 hours to fill.

Maybe its just me getting board :o

missymood
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I know what you mean. We go out every monring and then back for lunch:thumbsup:
Activities after lunch or naps
The park is always a good one

gegele
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
you 10months old needs tiring out LOL

do a craft with outdoor stuff so you go and pick things up to park, field.... and then come and do stuff with it :

can make a house in a box for dinosaurs with grass leaves and twigs...

glues leaves, flowers, grass, pebbles.... to a card board and cover with sticky plastic looks like picture.

make papier mache so they can play with texture and you can make a bowl or something...

buy some cheap white wall paper and lay it on floor and do foot painting!!

BUT you don't need to have something structure all the time, leave them to find things to play, and then engage and extand..

miffy
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
If you google "play ideas for toddlers" there are lots of sites and ideas

This one looked quite good as it's in age order

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/toddler/development/stimulating/letsplay/

Miffy xx