PDA

View Full Version : Vouchers

mumtodaniel
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
One of my parents are using vouchers from a company I think called childcare vouchers, who rang up today re the registration process. She also told me that I could claim for my own child using my husband's job. I think £240.00 a month is tax and NI free. This particularly company only is involved with small/med companies. My husband company uses busy bees so rang them to see if this is true, hope it is so can charge my husband each month. They are letting me know on Monday.

Lady at the childcare voucher company was adamant you can and says she has childminders claiming, and she check with HRMC tax people. Does anyone else claim for their own children.

Maureen

Spangles
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I didn't think that you could do that?

Be interesting to see what they say on Monday.

sarah707
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
You can only get child tax credit for your own children, depending on your joint family income - you cannot claim for their childcare unless they go to another setting to be looked after ...

I think the person must have got the wrong end of the stick. Either that or she was encouraging you to play the system, which is illegal as far as I am aware.

I hope this clarifies... :D

mumtodaniel
09-05-2008, 10:18 PM
thanks, I thought that person must have got it wrong then, I couldn't use that company anyway, but she did say that she had checked it out. Thought it was too good to be true. If busybees say anything different will let you know.

Noodles
09-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I can see where the lady is coming from. It is totally different to child tax credits so all your husband will be doing in effect is paying you for caring for your child. Like to see what the outcome is

crazybones
10-05-2008, 07:11 AM
It would be fantastic if that was the case for all of us who have lo's taking up a place and a hubby who could claim. Love to hear the outcome.

Pudding Girl
10-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I can't see how this would work because your husband/partner isn't paying for you to look after your own child? *scratches head*

I know though that both parents can claim this salary sacrifice thing if more than one child is in childcare, as my twins parents both claim the vouchers.

crazybones
10-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I can't see how this would work because your husband/partner isn't paying for you to look after your own child? *scratches head*

I know though that both parents can claim this salary sacrifice thing if more than one child is in childcare, as my twins parents both claim the vouchers.

But thats it - he would pay the vouchers to you and then you would put that money back in the account so the only profit would be on the Tax and NI that wouldnt be paid from hubby originally before the voucher money is removed from his pay. Does that make sense? It does in my head.

sue32
10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
If you do use the vouchers then you will have to add this money to your income and then you will have to pay tax and ni, so I can't see why you would want to even if you can.

miffy
11-05-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't think you can claim this to look after your own children - yes if they are going to another setting

Be interested to know what the answer is

miffy xx