PDA

View Full Version : Absolute minimum toys!?!

clio0602
07-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Hiya all. I just wanted to ask your opinions on the absolute minimum you can have toys wise.

I am only minding a 10yr old and would like to incorporate more montessori when I get some lo's so was wondering how much i can loose from my house, hopefully lots :D

What do you think is absolutely necessary? X

blue bear
07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
No point asking me I am a toy hoarder!!! Lol

khlwomitchell
07-09-2011, 12:16 PM
i have tons they would bury me alive if piled up.

A good base is a train track set(tesco £10)

box of cars

box of little dolls and people , playmobil 123, happyland

then maybe some boy things like box of marbles, frlt tips

playdoh

these are the most played with things at both my playgroups and my house, a buggy and a doll or two are very useful aswell.x x

Happy Bunny
07-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Most played with things at my house are the dolls house, little people toys and the WII fit.

HMT81
07-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I would say deffo craft supplies, jigsaws, books, cars/trains, some sort of construction toy like lego (mega bloks for younger), a doll if you have a girl (although some boys like dolls too). Actually my list could go on and on looking at my toys! :laughing: I wouldn't be without any of them! x

sweets
07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I am trying to minimize my toys at the moment, i don't have a ridiculous amount like some minders have;) ;)

i have realised that you NEED a good selection of toys but don't need masses of each kind, for example theres no need having a huge stacker full of cars, just a small basket of about a dozen or so is enough for 3 children to share.

same goes with animals etc, just one or two of each is enough.

buzzy bee
07-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Things that get most played with here are:

Cars cars cars and more cars!
Doll and buggy
Duplo
Phone (or anything that resembles one)
Jigsaws
Playdoh
Crayons
Ride on car

Oh and books

I am seriously considering getting rid of everything else cos nothing else seems to get played with! They just take it all out and make a mess then play with all the above!