PDA

View Full Version : food registeration???

ammy144
07-09-2011, 11:51 AM
hi I am newly registered chidminder .I have signed a contract for after school care,the child will starts from 19 sept ,parent wants me to provide food to their child but i have not registerd as a food business yet,today only i have called the food registeration team,they will send me application form to fill in up.I don't know how much time it will take for my food registeration(hillingdon).
My question is can i serve food to that child before my registeration or there is any law for childminders not to serve food if you are not registered as a food business.
Please advice :panic:

SamBaker
07-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I would also be interested in this answer as I have just started doing meals as well.

bluechair84
07-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi there,

I'm newly reg and was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I contacted the food agency, lady said she would send a form for me to fill in but I must wait 28 days until I was allowed to serve food. I called Ofsted as I felt annoyed no one had mentioned this on the breifing meeting, man said they were not aware of this and it was not one of their 'rules' for us to be reg but it's advised....in other words it wouldn't effect my Ofsted reg if I did start to serve food before the 28 days. Then in the next breath he said I should probably follow what the agency have said and just ask the parents to provide a packed lunch for the time being. I have also just signed up for the food safety course online so it looks like I'm doing something if they ask!!

I do remember at my pre reg that althought the above was not mentioned, the inspector did say in all the time she's worked in this area (West Sussex) she has not known any childminder to be visited by environmental health.

I have my first child starting next week so will be around the 28 days mark.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

ammy144
08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
thanks amo for yor advice.