PDA

View Full Version : school holiday pay

lulubelle
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
i am contracted to have mindee full time in school hols and before and after school term time. mum announced today that c will be away for half term and i have a feeling she thinks the half fee's we agreed for when c is away are going to be half of term time fees which are obviously a lot less! am i really mean to charge her half of the fee's i would be charging for half term? i was planning on taking the friday off anyway as going away for the weekend so i have said no fee for that day. i was kinda looking forward to his extra money that week as all my others are term time only!

half school wk fees would be about £40 wheres as half 4 holiday days would be about £80!

mushpea
06-09-2011, 06:47 PM
if in the contract it says the hours which you do in the holidays then you can charge half fee for holiday hours,, eg if it says in school holidays hours will be 8am-5pm then you would charge half of those 9 hours a day how ever if your contract only has term time hours on then thats what you would charge half off

lulubelle
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
contract says full time in school hols! so guess its those fees then! can see mum being annoyed! oh well!

The Juggler
06-09-2011, 09:29 PM
just tell her early hon, then she has time to budget.:)

mushpea
06-09-2011, 09:45 PM
She must have read the contract so shud know the fees, she may have realise this so u cud be worrying for nothing