PDA

View Full Version : crikey nearly no kids left!!

Bear23
06-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I have been very lucky from the minute i got my certificate two and a half years ago, i was full within a week and have kept pretty much the same children all the way, with the odd one going being replaced fairly quickly.

Now in the space of three days = full timer gone of sick, but she's gonna stay with me as she gets full sick pay, for two months then he's gone :( , she wants to move nearer family.

One part timer, but good pay every night after school and all days in hols = gone just like that, she can't cope either and has moved back in with mum, child gone to different school ( no notice)

Another part timer= again same hours as above being made redundant :panic:

So i am nearly half income down :panic: , why all at once, and why on earth did i not save when things we're going well

kel1983
06-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Sending big hugs. Must be a worrying time for you.

Just goes to show how unreliable our job is. You never know what the parents are thinking, how long they are going to end up staying with you.

I am currently living with my parents but hoping to get a flat in the near future but it scares me that 2 months down the line I may not be earning as much as I do now.

You never know whats round the corner. :panic:

Bear23
06-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Sending big hugs. Must be a worrying time for you.

Just goes to show how unreliable our job is. You never know what the parents are thinking, how long they are going to end up staying with you.

I am currently living with my parents but hoping to get a flat in the near future but it scares me that 2 months down the line I may not be earning as much as I do now.

You never know whats round the corner. :panic:

Its even more scarey as around here theres maybe 6 childmiders in the space of two streets, we've all been pretty much full to bursting for the last few years. now we're all adveristing scary.

Its not helping with a lot of the major shops closing in town, tj hughs gone, jane norman going, hmv on the edge, are citys virtually empty ..... no one shops anymore but thats a different story i suppose x

caz3007
06-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I lost more than half my income before the summer holidays and had hoped I may have got some enquiries, but its been soooo quiet. Still I can just about manage financially and will use the quieter time to catch up on things

nikki thomson
06-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi, I think it's quiet everywhere at the moment as people just can't afford the childcare with cut backs and rising costs mums are staying at home or getting family, friends to help out, I live in a small garrison town so lots of military and usually busy, but it's been dead as anything for the last 6 months, I was shocked and didn't realise until talking to the cm co-ordinater that there's 56 cm in this very small place, no wonder there's not much work!!!. X

boxtree7
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Business goes like that sometimes I would say enjoy the rest as it won't last !!! hoping things pick up soon.

miffy
06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Hope things pick up for you soon

Miffy xx

Mamma4Ya
07-09-2011, 06:51 AM
:group hug: hope your flooded with calls soon :)

Polly2
07-09-2011, 07:15 AM
I feel for you :( I lost half my income in half an hour yesterday :( :( Hope things pick up soon x

LChurch
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
It is hard times at the mo, I lost one of mine end of June, and so left with 2 part timers. Dd goes to school, full time in October or before if school can be persuaded so was going to get variation to allow for 3 under 5 but practicalities would be a nightmare! I am not even sure I would be able to fill the vacancies. I wish I could but it seems to have gone quiet again. I know how you are all feeling. Frustrating etc.

LOOPYLISA
07-09-2011, 09:13 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monkey1
08-09-2011, 03:51 AM
we were like that two months ago, but its gone crazy again now. People will be looking for extra jobs to pay for xmas so it should pick up for you! Have my fingers crossed x

Bear23
08-09-2011, 08:40 AM
well bizarrley enough i had two overnight enquiries lol

One through facebook, a friend emailed me about her friend who just pulled her children from her childminder( think it all went wrong badly for the childminder), she asked if i had a space, and the friend came rushing around in a right mess at 10 last night :eek:
She lives miles away but works near me, So thats a possible two days for a one year old :) , shes calling later to confirm

the other one is 9.45 to 2. 15, three days a week, coming tomorrow again an immediate start, just trying to work out if i can fit them both in i hope so :laughing: if they want me that is x

Bear23
08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Can i do this ?

L = age two full time
D = age two, mon, wed, fri
R age two, mon, tue, wed.
New baby =age one tues and thurs
other new one = tues, thurs, fri

My heads mashed :laughing: Think i need a variation for a tuesday ???? would i get it?

Mollymop
08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Can i do this ?

L = age two full time
D = age two, mon, wed, fri
R age two, mon, tue, wed.
New baby =age one tues and thurs
other new one = tues, thurs, fri

My heads mashed :laughing: Think i need a variation for a tuesday ???? would i get it?

Yes you would need a variation for Tuesday. You can always try and get one but when I last tried they denied me it and said I would only get one if it were a sibling starting. Give them a ring and see what they say x

Bear23
08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes you would need a variation for Tuesday. You can always try and get one but when I last tried they denied me it and said I would only get one if it were a sibling starting. Give them a ring and see what they say x

Just realised there both under one, so will just have to be one of them anyway xx