PDA

View Full Version : Jane powertwin/twin two & buggy board combo?

acorns
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I posted earlier about a nipper 360 & buggy board (thanks for the replies) but now realise it won't fit through my stoopid front door :( .

I'm now looking at the Jane Powertwin or Twin Two as I need a tandem that I can push with one hand & fit a buggy board. Whats the opinion on the Jane & has anyone got one with any kind of buggy board? Thanks

PixiePetal
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I have a Twin two (for sale actually!) but it can't be pushed with one hand that easily - 3 wheeler would be better for that.

It rolls like a dream and is comfy for mindees of all ages - I got it so I could fit through my door (then I moved house :rolleyes: )

The Jane 'surfer board' is made to fit it but I never used one

linzi133
06-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I have a Jane powertwin and it can easily be pushed with one hand. I love it. I also use a litaf seat to go on mine......it is a bit squished but my lo likes to sit rather than stand so not a big issue for me. Standing is fine on it just more awkward.... But I guess all buggy boards are prob like this?!?!?

onceinabluemoon
06-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I pushed a Jane Powertwin Pro the other day (nabbed a lady at the park) and have to say it was lovely to push with two hands - a real dream - but I couldn't do it with one hand. However as others can maybe its my wrists at fault not the pram...

Mouse
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I've recently sold my Jane Powertwin Pro and surfer board.

The pushchair itself was Ok. I could push it one handed, though mine tended to veer off to one side anyway, so I kept having to drag it back inline. It was comfortable for the children though. Nice roomy seats and plenty of room.
The surfer board though was dreadful. You could only put a child on it if the back seat was in a totally upright position (no good with a baby in the back). The child standing on the surfer board had to be up inside the handle, in a really odd position. It looked very uncomfortable & it I had to put the handle in the lowest position, which made it very hard to push.

I only used it twice with a 2.5yr old. Poor little thing, he was only on it for about 15 minutes, then when he got off his legs were like jelly from having to hold himself in an awkward position.
Definitely wouldn't recommend it.