PDA

View Full Version : Double glaze windows need safety film?

jadavi
06-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Do I have to apply safety film on the windows if they are double glazed ? This is in a sleep over bedroom.. Cheers

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 03:59 PM
in a word NO... xxx

sweets
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
If they havn't got the kite mark or a number on then im afraid you do!

My patio door is double glazed and i was told by ofsted that because it wasnt marked then i had to put the covering on. I was told this on my pre reg and when i had my grading inspection it was checked (different lady too)

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
If they havn't got the kite mark or a number on then im afraid you do!

My patio door is double glazed and i was told by ofsted that because it wasnt marked then i had to put the covering on. I was told this on my pre reg and when i had my grading inspection it was checked (different lady too)

well there ya go i didnt know that ... sorry :blush:

onceinabluemoon
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Like Sweets said, if the windows are kite marked they are fine, if not they need the film on. The BS kite mark will probably be in one of the corners. If you live in any type of social housing (e.g. council/housing association) I am pretty sure they have to put safety glass in as standard these days.

khlwomitchell
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
you can buy it off ebay.
I bought it for my conservatory and four doors all single glazed, cost £90 in all, but that was alot of glass. Probably cost you under a tenner xx
Was really good stuff and not too hard to do x