PDA

View Full Version : Lost a shoe

kellib
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Mindee lost her shoe this morning somewhere on the school run, I noticed pretty quickly and went straight back to retrace our steps (in the pouring rain!) and couldn't find it. Over the course of the day we've walked that way 4 times and not once was there any trace of the shoe! I even had my auntie looking out when she went to pick one of her mindees up!

Anyway, told Mum at pick up time, she wasn't best pleased obviously but I did explain that I did everything I could to find it, I asked at the school reception if anyone had handed it in but so far nothing, they did say they'll keep a look out though.

I suggested to the Mum to take money out of my next weeks fees for the shoes, would you have done the same or am I a soft touch? :laughing:

helengreen13
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I would have done the same. Hopefully it might be handed in x

Bear23
06-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Both my two years olds take there shoes off, i spend many a day trying to find them, now i take them off when i puty them in the buggy x

I'd have also offered the money xx

charleyfarley
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd have offered the money too:thumbsup:

I had do exactly what you did as one of my los was forever taking his shoes and socks offon the school run. Luckily I did find the shoe but not the sock so I replaced the socks and then 3 days later found the lost sock where I'd been looking so you never know the shoe may turn up.

With this cold weather it'll be cosytoes time, so hopefully no more lost shoes :thumbsup:

Carol xx

funemnx
06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
This has happened to me a couple of months ago, looked everywhere straight away and no shoe!

Told Mum I be happy to replace but luckily she said they were her oldest sons from when he was little and didn't really fit any more phew!

I'm always worried now about the lo's taking their shoes off in the buggy now and take them off and put them in the basket x

miffy
06-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I hope it turns up!

Miffy xx

georgie456
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
This happened to me last year and I offered to pay - mum said no bless her. Then 3 weeks later it turned up - it had been tucked behind the playhouse at the local pre-school. Right by where I stood every day to collect a child! Little monkey must have tucked it down the back while sat in the front of the double buggy!
So, don't give up hope yet - it may still turn up x

kellib
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad I seem to have done the right thing by offering money :) Only my 2nd day minding and this happens :rolleyes: :laughing:

I'll keep a look out still and hopefully it'll turn up. I had thought about taking her shoes off her when she's in the buggy but then she just pulls her socks off and I didn't want her feet to get cold!

QualityCare
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Silly question but is it in the shopping tray under the pushchair

kellib
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Silly question but is it in the shopping tray under the pushchair

No, I checked the buggy all over :)

boxtree7
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't think i would give the money for the shoes - this is what children do take there shoes and socks of. I would probaly when using the pram not put shoes on the children just in case. I wouldn't give money replace them.

nikki thomson
06-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi, years ago when I was a nanny the little boy I looked after did the very same thing, we'd walked back from town to there house and I didn't realise until we got home, I had to walk all the way back and I found it right back in the town, it was a long walk, but they were new and clarks which are expensive, I would offer to pay as tbh if I was a parent and my lo lost there new £30 shoes I would be abit miffed even though I know it 's just one of those things. X

kellib
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi, years ago when I was a nanny the little boy I looked after did the very same thing, we'd walked back from town to there house and I didn't realise until we got home, I had to walk all the way back and I found it right back in the town, it was a long walk, but they were new and clarks which are expensive, I would offer to pay as tbh if I was a parent and my lo lost there new £30 shoes I would be abit miffed even though I know it 's just one of those things. X

That was my thinking exactly!

kel1983
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Lukily not had a shoe go missing although had a few close encounters. One little one took his off in the bank and lukily someone pointed it out to me. Another time I lukily saw the little one take the shoe off and watched him drop it and picked it up straight away.

It could have happened whilst in the parents care but I think I would have offered to pay for replacements.

I have lost a little ones drink cup whilst on a day out. I did offer to pay for replacement but mum said she had loads more at home. I now try and use my own cheaper drink bottles now so that it doesnt matter as much

Carol M
06-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I have one lo just the same, takes her shoes off at every chance she gets. As I couldn't bear to lose one of her beautiful expensive shoes I put an extra pair of slightly larger socks over her shoes :blush: She can't get them off and so doesn't bother . No cold feet , no lost shoes.
Carol xx

margaret
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Put it in your policies stating that if children lose shoes ,hats,gloves,socks etc that you are not responsible for replacing items.You could be paying out everyweek ,nursey /school wouldnt replace them.This is what toddlers do and we dont have eyes in the back of our heads,stop feeling guilty.

onceinabluemoon
06-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't think I'd offer to buy new either.

What if that child decides to throw her shoes every week, you'll be working for nothing...