PDA

View Full Version : The stress of the school run

munch149
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Recently taken on a third under 5 and Only did a school run once a week in childminding before now and can't believe the chaos. I have three under 5s and getting them in and out of the car this morning was a nightmare and for the morning I only charged £4 8-9. So wouldn't be doing it if there wasn't a younger sibling providing me with a full week of fees. After school not too bad as at least I'm getting a bit more money for it. To top it off I'm pregnant and the younger sibling isn't settling well. Too much stress I think yet can't afford to turn down the money

PixiePetal
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Don't be hard on yourself - it takes time for LOs to settle and for us to get into that routine :) It is still early days

ziggy
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I dont really like doing the school run either but, like you, have the younger sibling full time plus the the school child in the holidays

Was really frustrated today, doing the 1pm pick up:angry: Children dont have their own pegs anymore, just put bags on any peg!!! I picked up at least 15 school jumpers until i found the two i needed, just crazy. This was after having to wake the 2 younger mindees earlier than usual, rushing to feed and change baby to go home at 1.15pm Roll on November when they will stay till 2pm and it wont be quite so hectic:)

Hard when you cant afford to turn the work down, good luck, hope it gets easier for you

breezy
06-09-2011, 02:51 PM
I still dont like school runs, the morning one especially, one child should arrive 10 mins before we set off, but we're always sitting in the car waiting for him, so I've told mum this term we leave at 8.30pm whether hes here or not! otherwise it has a whole knock on effect of not being able to park, me rushing the little ones who fall over, stress, stress and aggro!!!

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 03:14 PM
me too i hate morning school runs but atm im only doing tuesday morning so im :laughing: a happy cm lol

Ripeberry
06-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I've got to do the school run for my own two dds, but on Mondays I have to wait in the car park for two other mindees to be 'deposited' with me, whilst their siblings go into school.
So lots of hanging around in the morning. All other days the mindees come to me at my house which makes it much easier :)

The Juggler
06-09-2011, 09:34 PM
it takes a while getting organised with 3 under 5's especially if you are not used to getting them out for an early school run. don't worry you'll be an expert by half term :) can't be easy when you are pregnant though.:(

Chimps Childminding
06-09-2011, 10:01 PM
We have lost our "School Bus" (children can catch service bus, but have to cross a busy road to get into school, so no go in our eyes) so we are having to do the school run both ends of the day which we haven't had to do for years!!

Unfortunately this has only happened since just before the schools broke
up for the summer (actually only confirmed yesterday that there is no bus to get them back anyway), and I had taken on 2 babies who have started during the holidays. Not looking forward to trying to get 2 under 1's plus 20 month old and 3 schoolies in and out of the car when its pouring down :(

Can't just get rid of schoolies as I have had them all from being babies, and baby brother of one of them just started!! Hoping that bus problem will be resolved, but not much chance I don't think as there aren't enough children using it!

juneburkett
06-09-2011, 10:24 PM
dont get stressed just give yourself a little bit extra time 10mins. im back to school run tomorrow and starting next week ive got two more. we have to walk as i dont drive so thats going to be fun :eek: