PDA

View Full Version : Squeezing everybody in

JCrakers
06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Well after a whole yr of complete deadness on the enquiry front things seem to be picking up at last :clapping:

I met two mums at toddler group this morning who asked me about childcare....WOW :eek: both keen to come and see me. One is going to a meeting with Nunu but I think I managed to sell myself. Nunu...Pah :rolleyes: Im not sure what days she needs so shes on the backburner.

Problem I might have (which is really annoying) the other lady needs two certain days and has a baby and a schoolie. I only have one space for the baby meaning I'll have 3 under 5 but I also have 4 school children to walk to school taking me 1 over my 6 limit. She needs care from Jan and one of my mindees turns 8yrs at beginning of Feb.

So for only a month on a thursday morning (4 weeks for 1hr) I will be over my limit of 6 kids...how annoying is that...She seemed keen and I really would love the baby so either need to let one of my schoolies go (although he's been coming for 3yrs) or work something else out with the family I am taking on soon on a thurs/fri........Why is it so difficult......:rolleyes:
Becky

mumto3
06-09-2011, 10:45 AM
could u ask ofsted for a variation, im sure it will be fine as only for 1hr for 4 weeks, worth asking and u have plenty of time for them to get it sorted

JCrakers
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I dont think Ofsted would let me have 7 kids under 8yrs. I dont think they do in any circumstance. The variations are usually for an extra one under 5 as long as it doesnt take you over your total number :(

becky

carol cameron
06-09-2011, 03:09 PM
You're right. 6 is the legal maximum you can have of under 8's. It's a shame though. Is it worth discussing it with mum to see if any short term arrangements could work temporarily eg sharing care with grandparents ?

funemnx
06-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking that too, a shame to lose because of a few weeks - a friend might be willing to help out for the 4 weeks?

mama2three
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
or do you have a friend or relative willing to help you out as an assistant for just a few weeks - you should get your numbers increased with an assistant and you have plenty of time to register them.

miffy
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
or do you have a friend or relative willing to help you out as an assistant for just a few weeks - you should get your numbers increased with an assistant and you have plenty of time to register them.

That seems a good option to me - it would be such a shame to lose the business for the sake of a few weeks but I know that you would not be allowed to have 7 under 8 on your own.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Dont really know of anyone who can do it..

Its a funy one isnt it because I cant have 7 under 8yrs but as soon as my mindee turns 8 I can have 7 then but he wont have matured over night...lol

Becky

loocyloo
06-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Dont really know of anyone who can do it..

Its a funy one isnt it because I cant have 7 under 8yrs but as soon as my mindee turns 8 I can have 7 then but he wont have matured over night...lol

Becky

lol, i had this! i ended up registering my neighbour as my assistant, and then all my children changed their hours and she ended up working with me for 18mths! :D

could mum of possible mindee find a friend to have child before school just for those few weeks? or could you ask all mindees parents if they could do all perhaps cover a morning a week for you? and each one go into work an hour late or ? maybe mum could go into work late and and finish a bit later for those weeks?

good luck x