PDA

View Full Version : I am such a muppet!!!!!

Fraggle1
06-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Morning ladies!

I did a contract review yesterday where the parents asked about changing hours to 08.15 - 18.15 because one of them got a different job. My hours are til 18.00 and they were picking him up at 18.15. I've agreed but now realised they have pushed me to over my opening hours! They wouldn't beable to do that at nursery :(
Think what I'm going to say on the confirmation letter is that because it has pushed me over my normal opening hours I will review in 3 months and also put an extra note to advise that per 15 mins of late will be charged at £2 per 15 mins, don't want them now being late til 1830 :( you live and learn eh? What a muppet! Having said that it is 3 days a week and they are a lovely family x

FussyElmo
06-09-2011, 07:52 AM
As you have had said they are lovely people I dont think that I would be adding anything to it. At least they asked if you were ok with them collecting at 6.15 not assuming that you would be.

Have the parents been late before without good reason if not I wouldnt be putting in about the late fee neither.

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
one that i have just signed up has just told me her last college lesson finishes at 6pm so wont get to me till 6.30pm so half hr later than my hrs too.. but she on care to learn so wount get paid as the most they pay is £160 wk and that doesnt cover the hrs and days she wants... and theres no way im giving her money bk to cover her bus fairs as ive been advised to do.. ill be working for silly money again..

if its a good job and its worth keeping the extra 15mins wont hurt as we cm's are more flexable than a nursery thats why they come to us xx

Fraggle1
06-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks for your replies, I feel much better now, just didn't want to seem like I was a pushover, they are worth going that 'extra' mile for cause they are lovely and give me lots of positive feedback :) Thanks again, don't feel like such a muppet now :) xx

Mouse
06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
That's the advantage of a childminder over a nursery - we don't have to have set hours of business and can offer flexibility when parents need it (and if it suits us) :thumbsup:

Fraggle1
06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Your right...one thing that will be nice is an extra 15 mins in bed for me during the school holidays! lol :) x