PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Ted

bakingmama
06-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi I'm thinking about getting rid of my nipper out n about double pushchair and getting a Phil and Ted. I like the nipper but its massive when I put it in my car boot and I wanted something that will fit through my front door.

Does anyone have a Phil and Ted? What do you think about them?

A friend of mine borrowed one and hated it?

Anne x

PixiePetal
06-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Nippers are lovely in every way except for being big to get in the house or car!

I have a P&T and although it doesn't compare in comfort for 2 mindees as far as laying flat etc, there is defiantly a place for it. I can get it in my house, on the bus, it is easy to push, the second seat does not get in the way when walking and it can be a single too. :thumbsup:

You do have to take second seat off mine to fold - not sure if that's the same for all versions? and take wheels off if you want it really small for putting in the car. I don't drive so that is not an issue - but it is easy to set up again, everything just pushes on.

helengreen13
06-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi, I have both the original Phil & Ted double and also a Nipper 360 double. I have found both really good but I think it depends on the ages of the children you use it for. The P&T is fanstatic, lightweight but I would not put a child over 1½/2 in the bottom seat as (A) mine has split on the seems twice and had to have repaired so weight is obviously an issue and also some of the lo's have put their arms out and even thought it has wheel guards dont always feel secure but on the plus size is easy to put down, smallish and very easy to manouve and with a baby in the bottom was the best buggy I have ever used. The Nipper is better with two older children ie 2 upwards as that is very easy to manouver but obviously wider and harder to fit in a car.

I Hope this helps.

Helen
x

bakingmama
06-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks Pixiepetal,

Ive got a big 7 seater car so my nipper does go in there but one day I'm sure I'm going to shut the boot and the metal frame will go through my windscreen.:panic:

I've just got myself a Quinny single as the wheel keeps falling off mine:laughing: I'll probably keep the Quinny indoors so i can use that for their naps, that way I won't have to keep going out to my garage to bring a buggy in. I can just store that in a cupboard and use a Phil as a single/double outside.:thumbsup:

Anne

bakingmama
06-09-2011, 07:06 AM
The P&T is fanstatic, lightweight but I would not put a child over 1½/2 in the bottom seat as (A) mine has split on the seems twice and had to have repaired so weight is obviously an issue and also some of the lo's have put their arms out and even thought it has wheel guards dont always feel secure.

That's great advice thank you

Anne xx