PDA

View Full Version : Filling vacancies

Helcatt
05-09-2011, 10:00 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am so happy. I got hubby registered as my assistant back in April, as I had been turning away so many people. And then suddenly it all went quiet. Some of you may remember my moaning about interview after interview that seemed to go well and then hearing nothing or children going to nursery instead

I had one lad who is two days a week hand in notice - he has been going to nursery 3 days a week and he has now been offered a full time space - kind of expected it to happen at some point

On top of that, I have one lad starting at nursery so he has cut his hours down - tried to explain to the mum about a retainer and why she should keep paying while he is in nursery - she still wants me to care for him in the school holidays - but she wouldn't understand. I won't collect him after nursery so she only wants to pay until I drop off

Anyway, things are starting to come together. I have a new lad who signed contracts today who will come for 3 afternoons a week and will directly replace the 12 hours dropped from the lad going to nursery

I have a girl lined up for 3 days a week, replacing the 2 days dropped by G

And this morning, a new lad signed up for 4 days a week

And on top of that, a school/nursery run contract that will add a nice little bit extra each week, so all in all, replacing what we have lost and then some

That still leaves us two vacancies to fill, but want to ease hubby/assistant in gradually so will keep plodding along - no rush

Feeling happier today after having 3 contracts signed in one day:D

HX

smurfette
06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Well done you!!! You must be relieved! Amazing to get them all in one day!

Beetlejuice
06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
WOW H that's great news! It's been very quiet around here too though bits of work are trickling through. I'm going to be working at our local children's centre one morning a week to boost my income.

Well done you! x

JCrakers
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Excellent news....:clapping:

Things are looking up for me too so Im happy today

Becky x

Helcatt
06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Well done you!!! You must be relieved! Amazing to get them all in one day!

What is insane is that one of them I interviewed back in May. She was so positive, but then didn't hear anything, even though I knew she was going back to work in the middle of June

Did not expect three in one day though.

Hx

Helcatt
06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Excellent news....:clapping:

Things are looking up for me too so Im happy today

Becky x

Woohoo - am glad for you

Hx