PDA

View Full Version : rising five?

jmoff
05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
hi

I havent been on here as much as I would have liked so be gentle with me

My eldest child starts full time school on the 15th september, which should free up my 0-5 space. I have contacted Ofsted to put a clause on my certificate that I am allowed another child in the EY age group and they said wait until the day she starts and let us know.Meaning I wouldnt get the certificate until a few days later.
Now, the bit I am not clear about is am I allowed to take on a little one on the 15th? or do I have to wait until my new certificate arrives?

thank you, Jana

sarah707
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
My understanding is that you have to have it on your certificate.

Hth :D

christine e
06-09-2011, 05:49 AM
My understanding is that you have to have it on your certificate.

Hth :D

Me too

Christine

Bananabrain
06-09-2011, 09:40 AM
That's not what they told me! They told me you can still use the clause even if it's not on your cert. Spoke to them twice, last time on Friday.

skytvaddict
06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I already have the clause on my certificate in anticipation BUT the certificate of course says only care for 1 under 5 and 3 5 to 8. I need it to be 2 and 2. I got married over the summer and it took nearly two weeks for the new cert to come through! My lo starts full time on 21 September and I really need my new certificate for the next day. Might ring them a week before and see what they say!

Mouse
06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
When I had a variation granted it was approved over the phone. I was told it would be in force from the following day, even though I wouldn't ge my certificate for about a week. I looked online the next morning & it had been update to show the variation, so I printed off a copy of my registration details & put that on the wall until my certificate arrived.

I would ask when you phone how long it takes for them to update the info & check that as long as it's online, you're OK to work without a certificate.

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 10:20 AM
i would ring ofsted one wk before and see if you can have conformation on the phone to take a Lo on as you have a parent waiting... good luck

although i do feel this is something that needs changing ...
once a child starts school even when only part time for first few wks they should be in our over 5yr olds even if only 4yrs old..

many parents go bk to college or work in sept and i have turned down work and lost work because of this silly ruling...

xx

Bananabrain
06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
You are absolutely right Andrea, it does need to be changed [along with alot of other Ofsted nonsense]:laughing:
There are loads of people moaning about it. It's a really daft rule for the sake of a couple of weeks.
Obviously, as we all know, most people sort their childcare for Sept. By Oct most of the enquiries have dried up.

jmoff
06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
thank you for your emails!

This is what Ofsted said this morning:I am really stuck now as have a parent waiting! what do I do!!!

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry, please be advised that we cannot alter your conditions of registration until your child starts full time education (FTE). Your child must attend 10 sessions a week (morning and afternoon) to be classed as being in full time education. Should you wish for your conditions to be altered, you will need to contact us when your child has started FTE and we will be able to update your registration certificate. Please be aware that you cannot care for any extra children until you have received a copy of your new registration certificate.

rickysmiths
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
i would ring ofsted one wk before and see if you can have conformation on the phone to take a Lo on as you have a parent waiting... good luck

although i do feel this is something that needs changing ...
once a child starts school even when only part time for first few wks they should be in our over 5yr olds even if only 4yrs old..

many parents go bk to college or work in sept and i have turned down work and lost work because of this silly ruling...

xx

I agree Andrea but Ofsted have always granted me a variation to cover this. Infact they did it for me over the phone last Thursday afternoon and had emailed my cert by 4pm. I got my new Cert in Registered Post yesterday (Mon).

You don't have to have your actual Cert in hand anymore as long as any change has been made online which is usually done as soon as any change is approved.

jmoff
06-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Can i ask for a variation to cover me for the days until I get my certificate? I was told I need a hard copy ( see email from Ofsted)

Jana

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree Andrea but Ofsted have always granted me a variation to cover this. Infact they did it for me over the phone last Thursday afternoon and had emailed my cert by 4pm. I got my new Cert in Registered Post yesterday (Mon).

You don't have to have your actual Cert in hand anymore as long as any change has been made online which is usually done as soon as any change is approved.

thanks but for me to get round this now i have my mum as my assistant just to cover when needed not full time ... but i still think its a daft rule ... as we will still only have 6 LO's and what in the next holidays they still not turned 5yrs ....