PDA

View Full Version : lonely 5yr old

mushpea
05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
i will have a 5yrold girl after school for 2.5hrs a day,, I have had her the last year but always had other mindees there for her to play with,, I know the crafts and activites she likes doing so thats not a problem however I am worried she may get bored on her own but I dont want to over do it with activities and me playing with her as when i eventyaly do get more children I wont have as much time for her,, I was thinking of letting her pick one activity a night and doing this with her then afterwards she can either play with the toys or watch tv etc
does this sound ok

Fraggle1
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I think that sounds fine, even if she just wanted to completely veg. sometimes she has just been at school all day, giving her the choice is the best thing and that is what you are doing :) x

khlwomitchell
05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
my son is five and his best thing for quiet time is marbles, pennies to sort out and stack or a game system, leapster, DS, old gameboy. A his age i expect him to know when to sit quietly if i ask. An hour of that'll mean dinner can get started or other stuff done x