PDA

View Full Version : Notice periods

buzzy bee
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
One of my mums has just given notice and the last week will be the first week of October. She's already paid for September.

The thing is, every time a child has left me, I've ended up out of pocket because the parent hasn't paid up for the notice period - just stopped sending their child.

SO... I'm wondering if it would be acceptable for me to ask mum for the money for the one week in October now.

Otherwise I'm worried she won't pay it then just won't send mindee to me...

What do you think?

Katiekoo
05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
If you feel comfortable asking this and you have a good relationship with the parent you could ask. They won't be obliged to give it to you before it's due but if you explain they might, they might also think 'ooh what a good idea lets leave it and not pay you'! Depends what kind of people they are I guess.

boxtree7
05-09-2011, 07:44 PM
if the child is going to be with in october i probaly wouldn't worry to much - it sounds like the mum pays on time. Or you could ask her and tell her the reason is so can bring you accounts up to date.

buzzy bee
05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
If you feel comfortable asking this and you have a good relationship with the parent you could ask. They won't be obliged to give it to you before it's due but if you explain they might, they might also think 'ooh what a good idea lets leave it and not pay you'! Depends what kind of people they are I guess.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of it like that... sadly I think they might think the latter!!

The Juggler
05-09-2011, 08:41 PM
if they've always paid on time then I woudln't hon. might upset them and sour things at the end. I would just send a letter confirming end dates, payments and due dates for payments.:)

madmamma
06-09-2011, 06:51 AM
I would just send a letter confirming end dates, payments and due dates for payments.:)

Took the words out of my mouth lol

rickysmiths
06-09-2011, 09:03 AM
if they've always paid on time then I woudln't hon. might upset them and sour things at the end. I would just send a letter confirming end dates, payments and due dates for payments.:)

This is what I would do.

I always take a four week fee Deposit when parents sign a Contract with me and keep it until the contract ends. This way i never loose payment for the notice period, the parents as long as they have paid up to date, have a free month which allows them a chance to pay a deposit elsewhere if necessary.

FussyElmo
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Totally agree :thumbsup:

jmoff
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=rickysmiths;979253]This is what I would do.

I always take a four week fee Deposit when parents sign a Contract with me and keep it until the contract ends. This way i never loose payment for the notice period, the parents as long as they have paid up to date, have a free month which allows them a chance to pay a deposit elsewhere if necessary.[/Q

I do the same and it works well x