PDA

View Full Version : claiming mileage...

lulubelle
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
i know i can put mileage through on my tax return but how do i keep trak of it? when i was nannying it just went back to parents so i just wrote 4 miles-swimming etc

do i now need to clock the miles on the car etc, write date or can i still just write 1 mile school?

does that even make sense?

aly
05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
i bought a notebook from asda, small one was about 12p and i clocked the clock and when the journey ended i put that mileage in the book with the date and the reason for that journey...ie 12miles 12th april craft shop

xx

lulubelle
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
thats what i thought, do u write down whats on the clock or just the amount of miles?

lau
05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
This is an interesting thread for me. I havent been claiming mileage as I am finding the whole accounts/tax return thing a nightmare in my first year. Will I be ok to start doing something like this now even though I have been up and running for 6 months?

aly
06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
thats what i thought, do u write down whats on the clock or just the amount of miles?
write down whats on the clock, otherwise you will be missing out ;)

aly
06-09-2011, 06:32 AM
This is an interesting thread for me. I havent been claiming mileage as I am finding the whole accounts/tax return thing a nightmare in my first year. Will I be ok to start doing something like this now even though I have been up and running for 6 months?
thats fine to start now, but if the mielage you havent done is what you do now you can go back and start from april...ie if you do school runs then go back from april and write down the distance [which you can do from google maps or if you do it from today it will set the mileage for you] and 'school run' and all the days you did it from april and don;t forget from april the claim is .45p per mile.

lulubelle
06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
this morning i wrote in a little notebook date,what was on clock when i started journey, what was on there when i finished and reason does that sound about right?

i am using ncma accounts book so do i put milleage in there at end of week?

nikki thomson
06-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, I have never ever written down miles on the clock, days times etc, I know how far a round trip to wherever is so just put the milage in my accounts, my brother in law is a tax inspector for the inland revenue and he says this is fine, yesterday I got in and out the car a total of 14times, there's no way I'm writing down the miles on the clock for every single journey in a note book I don't have time. X

aly
06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
this morning i wrote in a little notebook date,what was on clock when i started journey, what was on there when i finished and reason does that sound about right?

i am using ncma accounts book so do i put milleage in there at end of week?

There should be a trip button you can use so you have the exact number.

you can do whats best for you , i have a monthly sheet that I transfer these numbers onto and then just put the total amount in the month page of the accoutns book.

lulubelle
06-09-2011, 06:53 PM
yes i done the trip but i also wrote what the mileage was on the car when i started and what it was when i finished, didnt know if i somehow needed to prove how many miles i was doing!

aly
06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
no just the mileage itself..;)