PDA

View Full Version : Survived first day with a baby

Zoomie
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Two years ago I took on a 9m old. He was fine for his settling ins, but when the contract actually started, he just cried non-stop and I eventually had to call parent and basically it all went down hill from there :( .

Well, I minded an 8m old today and she was an absolute dream. Couldn't do any settling in because parents left it till the last minute (and its only for this week).

But it has restored my confidence.

(Hope I haven't jinx'd myself)

miffy
05-09-2011, 05:16 PM
That's good to hear - hope tomorrow is just as good! :)

Miffy xx

kellib
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
That's great, well done :)

I had two 13 month LO's today, I amazed myself at how I coped. I barely coped with my son when he was that age :laughing:

kel1983
05-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Well done. We have a 7 week old starting with us tomorrow. Mum only came to visit this afternoon. :eek:

The Juggler
05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Well done. We have a 7 week old starting with us tomorrow. Mum only came to visit this afternoon. :eek:

awww! I have 2 new babies starting. one is 11 months she is like she's been here for months already, the other is 9 months and is struggling a bit more but as you say OP nothing like when you have a screamer - it does restore your faith a bit.:)

khlwomitchell
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM

i could never do that!!!
i have had a 6week old 4 hrs sat and sunday but that seemed a long time for her.
My 20mth old son has been away from me for about 4 hrs in his life! i am soooo protective and close to my kids. (still get loads of back chat though!)
Wonderful age, a sling will be the lifesaver for you xx

Demonjill
05-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Aww lovely hun - well done.

Obviously you have regained your touch with the tinies - enjoy. :thumbsup: