PDA

View Full Version : Variation help??

Tracy123
05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi I have a lady coming tonite to sign contracts for her daughter to come to me offically starting in January but also wanting a couple of days in December. She will be 8months old. She is wanting care for Monday and thursdays.

2hours ago i had a lady on the phone enquiring for care for her son 4 and daughter 2. Starting in about 2 weeks. she wanted thurs and fri but cant do fri as im full for under 5's already.:clapping: So she them said monday and thursday.

So because the first lady hasnt started yet i totally forgot about her and told lady 2 that it would be fine to have her children.:( So on a monday in january i will have 4children and thurs will have 4 children too.
Do u think ofsted will allow me to have this?? Does anyone else have this variation??
I have just started 4 week ago so dont know much about variation. My ofsted lady said i should get a variation for 2 under 1's but i dont need extra under ones yet.
Hope u have kept up this this. :laughing: Any advice would be great

Thanks
Tracy

miffy
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
It's unlikely Ofsted will allow you a variation for new business but January is a way off and anything can happen by then - you might not need a variation anyway.

Is it possible that the baby's mum could change her days?

When does the 4 yo start school because once he is in FTE then he can count as a 5 to 8 yo so you wouldn't need a variation.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree - ofsted have told me this too. they will generally grant a 2 x under 1's variation as long as you are within your numbers but they will rarely grant a variation for 4 under 5's for new business :(

Tracy123
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the replies. The 4yr old is 4 in a couple of days and will be coming to me first thing then i walk him over to preschool for the morning then pick back up before dinner.
I dont want to turn them down. Is it alot of work to get an assistant??
Wat about students do they count??
Thanks again for the replies
Tracy