PDA

View Full Version : Interesting - business idea maybe

munch149
05-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I have never heard of it and assume not but can childminders use agency staff to cover for sick/ holidaying assistants/ co-minders. If not may be worth someone researching it for a business opportunity cos think Ot would be a great idea. Would also be great for childminders short of work as could put themselves up for some temp work doing the same job.

Just looking for people's views really

Greengrass74
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Great idea, however I don't think it would be a money maker due to the amount that we, as childminders, charge per hour (ranging from £3 - £4.50 approx) I think an agency business would not be able to supply agency staff for less than the hourly rate we charge parents meaning the childminder would be out of pocket.

and so for that reason I am out

munch149
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
If you have an assistant caring for three children and you pay them £6 an hour it may work. Know what you mean tho. Probably not a big enough Market for it.

Greengrass74
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
If you have an assistant caring for three children and you pay them £6 an hour it may work. Know what you mean tho. Probably not a big enough Market for it.

I agree it could work with more children,

pinkbutterfly
05-09-2011, 05:04 PM
When I take holiday or in emergency I have a number of childminder friends who can step in. We all charge very similar fees. Also I would not be comfortable leaving somebody I don't know in charge of mindees.
Obviously in that case they must be registered childminders because nursery staff would not be able to childmind from their home.