PDA

View Full Version : How do I....

Pandypops
05-09-2011, 08:41 AM
....plan for a 5 month old?? Every day we have storytime, singing, tummy time, an outing and eat and sleep and all the usual things a 5 month old does, but does this suffice as "planning"?

My daily planning sheets all look the same and my next steps from observations are all ongoing things like "encourage crawling" and "introduce different toys with textures" which don't have specific planned dates iyswim.....

Is this enough for Ofsted - I feel like I should be doing more and be more structured :panic: :panic:

FussyElmo
05-09-2011, 09:44 AM
You are planning for him. Structed planning is more for the over 3's. meet the childs needs and record the milestones etc as you are doing :thumbsup:

munch149
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I think until they reach one planning is difficult. It is more about preparing them for milestones such as crawling/walking which I always found I was writing things like "provide opportunities to explore environment." Using senses is a good area to use such as providing different textures, sounds and sights within the environment. Treasure baskets are good for this. Vary the objects in them weekly and include this in your planning. I wouldn't worry to much about it at this age though.

sarah707
05-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Your planning is spot on for the age of the child... showing how you are supporting his development and interests :D