PDA

View Full Version : JUST A QUICK MOAN!

mummyme
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

I have been minding since March and at the moment am term time only - the 2 babies i look after have mums that are teachers and my after school one is with me two days after school as his mum has college. I checked before the holidays with all my parents just to confirm that they need no care during the holidays. None did.

Anyway, a couple of weeks into the holidays at 8:00 on a sunday evening, my afterschoolers mum phoned and asked if I could look after him for the next 2 days and then the same 2 days the following week. I was unable to do the following day due to short notice (and out of principle really!) but agreed to do the 3 other days. We also agreed to a time of 08:00 - 17:30 each day (I have this in writing too).

Anyway (sorry this is longer than i thought!). On the first day, she brings him at 8:40, no mention of his lateness, the second day she brings him at 9:10 (still no mention of lateness), the 3rd day, when it got to 10:20 I text her to confirm that he was still coming and she called me laughing at how lazy she was feeling!!!!!! She then arrived at 10:40!!!!!! :angry:

How rude are some people! I get paid for the hours she asked for so that is not the problem, but I am always out of bed and ready at the correct time.

On top of that I text her yesterday morning to check that she still needs childcare for next week when the children are back at school and to ask where i have to pick her child up from as he will have changed classes but as yet have had no reply.

Useless!!!!

Thanks for listening lol

blue bear
03-09-2011, 06:45 AM
It's so frustrating isn't it. One of my mums us a bit like this, she's lovely and I wouldn't swap her but she never seems to realise that her actions impact on me.

Optimalstar
03-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Maybes she doesn't know yet herself. I have to admit I'm terrible at knowing where I need to pick my daughter up at the start of each new academic year:blush:

miffy
03-09-2011, 07:38 AM
It is annoying but I don't wait around for parents to turn up anymore - if they aren't here when they say they will be I go out anyway and they have to bring the child wherever I am. Frustrating though when you've got up before you needed to!

I must admit I don't mind if they're late arriving but if they were late picking up then I would be mad!

Miffy xx

marleymoo
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
personally, the later they arrive the better as far as i'm concerned. i'm getting paid for my time anyway. i'd just get on with paperwork in her time not mine. if i had other children with me i'd carry on as normal, go where i go, as normal, and if she turns up and i'm not in she'd have to bring the child to wherever i am. times waits for no CM

Toothfairy
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
personally, the later they arrive the better as far as i'm concerned. i'm getting paid for my time anyway. i'd just get on with paperwork in her time not mine. if i had other children with me i'd carry on as normal, go where i go, as normal, and if she turns up and i'm not in she'd have to bring the child to wherever i am. times waits for no CM

Ditto :thumbsup:

QualityCare
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I had a parent exactly like that and l was always waiting around for her, in the end l got so fed up and one day after 3/4hr from her set drop off time and no call from her l took the other children out. We arrived back to find her sitting on my doorstep not happy as she was so late for work, l explained that as l hadn't heard from her l assumed she wasn't coming and took the children to an arts and craft session that was on in town, she never failed to call after that.

Beetlejuice
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Yep I'm with the others. If they can't arrive on time then I carry on with my day and they have to come to where I am with the other children. I don't want to mess up their day because some people cba to turn up when they say they will. It's courtesy, regardless of the fact I'm being paid all the time their are late. They'd soon be scuppered if I was unavailable when they wanted to drop their child off!