PDA

View Full Version : Daily diaries

kellib
02-09-2011, 04:15 PM
What do you all use for these? Just notebooks?

rachelle
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Those that bring it have a notebook, those that don't have a sheet! I prefer the sheets - less to write!:laughing:

appleblossom
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes, I just buy A5 notebooks. I try to get tough hardwearing ones with a nice picture or design on if possible. Then I put the name, date of birth and the date the diary starts inside the front cover.

I did take over an NCMA diary for a child who came from another minder. It didn't have enough space for each day and was divided into days. I tend to write quite a lot.

kellib
02-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks ladies :)

I have the SCMA sheets but I do tend to get carried away when I start writing so I already know those aren't going to do me :lol:

I'll have a look in Asda at weekend and see what nice notebooks I can find :)

miffy
02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I made my own A4 sheet - parents read and sign when they pick up so it never goes anywhere (less chance of being lost then!)

Miffy xx

kellib
02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I made my own A4 sheet - parents read and sign when they pick up so it never goes anywhere (less chance of being lost then!)

Miffy xx

Thanks, I might do that in the future if the books don't work out as well as I hope they do :)

jayjay1963
02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Wilkinsons have a lovely selection of notebooks for about a pound each, seem to be mostly girly ones but do have some plain coloured ones too. I cover them in stickers for the boys:D

Jacqui

kellib
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Wilkinsons have a lovely selection of notebooks for about a pound each, seem to be mostly girly ones but do have some plain coloured ones too. I cover them in stickers for the boys:D

Jacqui

We don't have a Wilkinsons up here but I was in the £ shop yesterday and they had Toy Story 3 and Cars notebooks so might get them if I can't find anything else!

loocyloo
02-09-2011, 06:36 PM
i use A5 plastic ringbinders and put a sheet in each day!

then it doesn't matter if they get forgotten as a sheet still gets filled in & sent home!

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 07:58 PM
an A5 notebook does for me,x

Dragonfly
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
A5 notebooks for me too:thumbsup: was getting them from WH Smiths but poundland had a bundle for a pound,:) even better

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 08:50 PM
WHSmiths? you must be earning too much dragonfly!

lindylou
02-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I used to but them from ncma, but quite costly. I have just bought some mid year diaries from sainsburys for the new starters next week They were buy one get one free I think they were 4.99 but they are lovely, they only have a little space for each day just to write the necesseties which is good for me as i care for a few childen and am too busy to write loads i do enough in the Learning jouneys.
Linda

kellib
02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone :)

What do you all do with them? Write in them everyday and send them home with the LO or just show parents at pick up time and the book doesn't leave your house?

miffy
03-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone :)

What do you all do with them? Write in them everyday and send them home with the LO or just show parents at pick up time and the book doesn't leave your house?

I write in them everyday and parents read and sign at pick-up so the sheet doesn't leave my house. I file them in the back of the learning journey so eventually they will go home with parents.

Miffy xx

Pandypops
03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
I have a sheet on the computer and fill it in and e-mail it to the parents at the end of the day so they have it for when they get home.

I started to print them out and file them, but stopped as it defeated the point of me doing them online...

Do Ofsted like to see them? I best print them out again if so :panic: :panic:

marleymoo
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
mine go home in their day bags each day. if they lose it, they replace it. if they don't replace it, they're not bothered about it. end result: less for me to worry about, send a text ta-dah