PDA

View Full Version : Oh my word- are people really this disorganised?

Minstrel
02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
I can't believe the lack of preparation by some people!

Really! You're child is about to start for the first time and you wait until Friday before they start on Tuesday to sort out childcare.

Gobsmacked!

:eek:

caz3007
02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I got a call last friday for care for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I didnt find out how old the child was, but just said dont work weekends

Bananabrain
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Yup, people really are this disorganised! I often say [in fact it's my fave saying since starting childminding] 'It's a good job I know what I'm doing'
I know that I am a bit over the top when it comes to organisation, but I wonder how people cope sometimes. I've had a couple of parents that struggle to remember they have a child! And I'm not exaggerating either.

littletreasures
02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
In a word - yes!!!

I am constantly having to remind parents what they're children are supposed to be doing at school.

I even get phone calls from parents asking me what time school finishes as they're going to do a pick up on the odd day!!

FussyElmo
02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Truthfully I would have never had though when I had my first child that getting a cm/nursery place would have been so difficult.

Helen79
02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
My kids start back at school & nursery next week and I haven't sorted out their before and afterschool care yet. I'll have to do it the day that they start back at school. I'm not even sure what days ds is going to nursery next week cos I can't remember.
Lazy disorganised parent that I am, i shouldn't be allowed to look after other people's kids if I can't even organise my own :rolleyes:

miffy
02-09-2011, 12:03 PM
My kids start back at school & nursery next week and I haven't sorted out their before and afterschool care yet. I'll have to do it the day that they start back at school. I'm not even sure what days ds is going to nursery next week cos I can't remember.
Lazy disorganised parent that I am, i shouldn't be allowed to look after other people's kids if I can't even organise my own :rolleyes:

:eek: I'd be worried there would be no-one to have them :panic:

Miffy xx

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 01:38 PM
i have had a parent ring me monday at 2pm asking if i could pick up their child from school for them that afternoon at 3pm and they will sort out contracts later. she thought if she told me her teacher's name i could go and ask teacher to hand her over to me because the school know who i am anyway but she'd let the school know first. err, no.