PDA

View Full Version : CRB advice

debbie1
02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi all im new to this forum so i hope someone can advise, i am trying to get all my paperwork in order to send to the CSSIW,and need a CRB check for my husband and as mine runs out in Jan for me also, i contacted them asking for the relevent forms but they have emailed me today saying i cannot apply for myself or husband as it has to be my employers, as i will be self employed how does this work? also does anyone know if there is any food hygiene and paediatric first aid courses in Rhyl or surrounding areas as both of mine runs out in jan. Thanks Debbie:)

aly
02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
unless something has changed since i reg'd in feb 09 i didnt apply for mine...cssiw did it, i filled in the forms for everything crb, med dec and they sent it all off {for my partner too} so i dont understand what they mean, might have to ring back for clarification?

tulip0803
04-09-2011, 10:00 PM
When you send in you application forms CSSIW will give you the CRB forms then. They do not give them out until the forms are in because they were loosing so much money CRBing people who then changed their minds and did not register. When we have gone through the rigmarole of jumping through the hoops that the CSSIW want before you actually send in the forms they have deemed us commited enough to CRB:D

Viv
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Deb, i have been registered for almost one year, with my daughter who also works with me, we are both registered. when all our paper work and everything was sent in, we had to ring them they then booked an appointment for myself , my daughter ,son and husband to go to cssiw office to do our crb checks. We all went in one room and filled in our crb forms and one by one handed our id .
Also my daughters friend calls alot of the time to our house so we rang the cssiw up and we had to make an appointment to take her to the office for her to fill in her cbr check form, she had to bring all her id with her.
This is what they now do in Wales, not sure if you are in Wales.

debbie1
12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi all thank you to everyone who replied, yes i am in rhyl i spoke to the CSSIW and they gave me their registration numbers so that i then phoned CRB office and they have now sent out the forms for us to fill in, so its all good for now lol.... Thanks Debbie:)