PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to a new term!

Beetlejuice
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Bit of a self-indulgent post but hey ho! I'm really looking forward to this term after a relaxed but fab summer holidays. Work has been v v slow in our area but it's slowly picking up again. I've got a new before/after school girl in year 6 starting on Monday. She's coeliac so there are some challenges there but I'm learning all about her condition and trying out new recipes (and learning what utensils I need just for her food!) and looking forward to her coming to me. Then in two weeks I have a 1 year old starting - when mum came for interview she said it was one day a week but at second interview she said it will now be 2-3 :D I'm also going to be working at the local children's centre for 12 weeks. They are running parenting courses and the children are considered 'in need' - I will basically be teaching the children how to play whilst their parents are on their course. Sounded like a good opportunity which I didn't mind giving up a morning off to do.

I'm awaiting results of a degree module I did recently on SEN - fully funded by the NCMA which was ace. AND I start my OU Foundation Degree next month.:clapping:

The only :( is that DD2 starts school this Tuesday. She's soooo ready but I'm getting emotional about my 'baby' getting grown up!:o

What are you looking forward to about the new term?
B x

mrs robbie williams
02-09-2011, 06:14 AM
ive got two newbies starting aswell :thumbsup: i know what you mean about going back to school ive enjoyed having mine at home :)

miffy
02-09-2011, 06:32 AM
This term, for the first time in ages I won't have to fit in any lunchtime pick-ups from school or playgroup. So looking forward to having lunch when we want and the babies being able to sleep without being disturbed.

Good luck with all your new charges

Miffy xx

Beetlejuice
02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes no playschool picks ups here either :jump for joy: :jump for joy: Makes such a difference to the day - although for the first week my DD does half days at school so for the first week it will be business as usual and then I can chill after that!

miss mopple
02-09-2011, 08:24 AM
About time things picked up for you hun. Im seriously chuffed for you :thumbsup:

Im looking forward to one of my part timers starting pre school and going to set days rather than rotationg shifts. No more weekend work for me :clapping:
One of my others is off to school and I have a baby lined up to fill his space. Will still have him before/after school so will be quids in and go back to squishy baby cuddles:thumbsup:
Another is increasing her pre school sessions which I am rather looking forward to as I will have much quieter afternoons with 2 of them there so may actually get my paperwork up to date.

Oh, and My eldest is off to secondary which will be a tad exciting :D

Bananabrain
02-09-2011, 08:38 AM
There, are lots of things that are going to make my life a whole lot easier this term. I am changing to a different school, just across the road, I no longer do tea for the chiildren, longest standing mindee is leaving to go to secondary school, so no more 7-7pm days. Brilliant! my life is going to be a breeze!
Haven't taken into account 2 full timers starting tho' one of which doesn't speak English.
Maybe not such a breeze after all!

PixiePetal
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Bit slow workwise for me :(

but I do have 2 yr old mindees baby sister starting (once mum has done contract - don't count my chickens!!) so 2 days with both of them.

might leave it till after Christmas to fill other days so will put myself out for vacancies now, for starting then :thumbsup:

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 03:12 PM
There, are lots of things that are going to make my life a whole lot easier this term. I am changing to a different school, just across the road, I no longer do tea for the chiildren, longest standing mindee is leaving to go to secondary school, so no more 7-7pm days. Brilliant! my life is going to be a breeze!
Haven't taken into account 2 full timers starting tho' one of which doesn't speak English.
Maybe not such a breeze after all!

i am going to enjoy reading your threads over the coming weeks