PDA

View Full Version : Not at all CM related but ...

time_4_change
01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Ive decided to help out at our local church Sunday School, went to first meeting tonight and got 4 sundays before december :) .... ive been putting it off for a while but so glad Ive took that step. Im only a helper but I have still got to organise a craft activity for infants.
I will hopefully gain so much from doing this and also more confidence (which i think I lack)

Sorry had to share this, just having a :) day today .... for a change!

Anybody else help out at sunday school or any local group?

Leanne

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
i joined a local playgroup last sept and now i'm co chairperson!
I do enjoy it, even though fund raising and getting helpers can be like blood out of a stone.
Helping like that is food for the soul and looks good as a CV filler xx

time_4_change
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I love helping out and giving something back. The church does a great job so its nice to be apart of it.

I gathered that at the meeting tonight ... they do ok for helpers but people don't want to become leaders and some of the leaders are ready to move on now too. See how i get on as a helper and maybe become a leader one day!

Wow what an achievement becoming co-chairperson :D

x

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I love helping out and giving something back. The church does a great job so its nice to be apart of it.

I gathered that at the meeting tonight ... they do ok for helpers but people don't want to become leaders and some of the leaders are ready to move on now too. See how i get on as a helper and maybe become a leader one day!

Wow what an achievement becoming co-chairperson :D

x

mug you mean!? i was co-erced into it!
He he only a small group, there were 4 of us but two left so now just two in charge of it continuing and then finding members to then take our places. But the good thing about me minding is i'll have little ones for ages so can make my mark on it.
I'm a fab face painter so i bring in the funds on fetes, they'd never do without me!
Its scary having responsibility but in the end if you are the boss you answer to noone and do the best you can!

Twinkles
01-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I was a Sunday school teacher for several years.

This summer DH and I helped run our Church's holiday club and we all had a fab time.

Mamma4Ya
02-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Well done :clapping:

mama2three
02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I used to run the childrens liturgy along with a friend at out local church. It was a lovely group but unfortunately many of the congregation thought the children should stay in mass and be seen and not heard - aging congregation and a temporary parish priest for a few months led to us feeling very much taken for granted and 'valueless' .
i do miss the group and now the new parish priest is in place i often think of starting the group again - although very few children attend sadly.