PDA

View Full Version : Help, what would you do?

muffins
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Family A- 2 children 2 & 5yrs have signed for 2 1/2 days from start of new term, mum at college, term time only.

Family B- 1 child 4yrs (rising 5) wants 3 days after sch but only for 1hr, have told her will have to pay for 2! Came to visit me about a mth ago but wanted to wait till nearer time to sign contract/pay deposit, so is supposed to be doing this next Monday. Also term time only!

Sooooo Mum of A has rung me today and said her timetable is not going to be as she thought & needs to change the half day from the Monday to Wednesday & vice verser with the full day:rolleyes: Not a problem with the 2yr old BUT if I go ahead & sign family B I won't have space for the 5yr old after sch on the Monday!

This also means as I don't have any other children on a Wed & the 2yr old will only be here till lunch, if I don't sign family B (for 1hr after sch) I could have the rest of the day off to spend with my own children (1 & 2yrs).

I really don't know what to do:panic: I don't like letting people down! Do I tell Mum A its just tough I can't change hrs now OR tell family B I can't now sign contract with them & also gain an afternoon off!

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: HELP:panic: :panic:

crazyhazy
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Unless you are happy to lose family A then I think you need to agree the new hours, college time tables aren't something she'll have any control over. Personally I'd tell family B you won;t be able to have space for them any longer and enjoy that afternoon off!:)

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
family b sound vauge, i'd stick with a and hopefully make a good working relationship there x

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 08:07 PM
the bottom line is, do what's right for you. who cares if you upset somebody else?