PDA

View Full Version : Variation help!!

sarah sunflower
01-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi

I currently look after a three year old girl two days a week .mum wants her sister (6months) to start soon too but it will make me over my numbers by one (look after another three year old so thats me at my limit, k 3 j3 and my dAughter!) would Ofsted grant me a variation for this?!

Also mum is wanting to change days to four days a week which would mean me giving notice to another child I care for on different days. I need the variation for two days a week until notice period is served but mum needs to know if I can ave sister four days a week once noticeperiod is served on other child. (hope this is making sense as I'm now lost!!) so how would I do this?! Apply for th first variation then change it and apply for another once notice period is up?! HELP!!!

Hope you all understand what I'm meaning!!!!

Xx

Penny1959
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Trying to get my head round this - do you have space for 3 year old on the 4 days? and it is just the baby that you need a variation for - 2 days now and then 4 days later on?

Have to admit that I am a bit confused about the giving notice bit - is this for the 3 year old to be able to do 4 days?

Sorry so many questions but not clear in my head

Penny :)

sarah sunflower
01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Trying to get my head round this - do you have space for 3 year old on the 4 days? and it is just the baby that you need a variation for *- 2 days now and then 4 days later on?

Have to admit that I am a bit confused about the giving notice bit - is this for the 3 year old to be able to do 4 days?

Sorry so many questions but not clear in my head

I didn't make it easy did I!!
My week is as follows:

Monday- A who is 1, K who is 3 and my own who is 2
Tuesday same
Wednesday K 3 and J 3 plus my own
Thursday same as above
Friday same as Monday.*

J and K are just nursery pick ups not full days so would just have baby and my daughter on a morning.*

J's mum wants her to come four days but I would need to give notice to A ( would mean more money and more hours altogether!) but j has a younger sister who is 6 months old and mum wants me to have her aswel.
So until notice period is worked for A I would only need variation for wed thurs butvthen would need to increase variation to Four days when I have worked notice with A!!

Very confused on how to word it to Ofsted for a variation and if they would allow it.*

Th variation is so I can care for j's sister
Hope that makes a bit more sense!! :)*

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
wow, i confused byt only coz i have the alphabet song in my head now, 'j,k,l,m,n....'
Sibling variation usually given but as i'm lost not sure if you will have over 4 any given time as that'd prob be no?????

sarah sunflower
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
If they granted the variation I would have four under 5's for four days a week. So would only be over numbers by one.

I guess I can apply and see what happens

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
but the 4 days are only for out of nursery time and until the other contract is fulfilled?
Even if they didn't like it much that is the definition of continuity of care. Mum can't send baby else where, you can't kick out K to make way for j's sibling.
i'm not ofsted but it sounds like a good case. x

The Juggler
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
If they granted the variation I would have four under 5's for four days a week. So would only be over numbers by one.

i don't think it's every a problem to get 1 over numbers for a sibling.:)

miffy
01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I think it's very sad that you would have to give notice to A to be able to take on the other little one.

Would you have space to have all of them if Ofsted would grant you a variation for J for the extra 2 days and her sister for all 4 days. I do know cm's who've had variations granted for 5 under 5 and as you say, J and K are nursery pick-ups not full days (and, I'm assuming, will be leaving you to start school soon whereas A, at just 1, would be with you a lot longer).

It does depend on space and whether you want 5 under 5 but if it's possible then that's probably the route I'd go - if Ofsted said no then you could still give notice to A and ask for a variation for the sibling.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM

I got lost until this.

If it is continuity of care they will give you 4 under 5's.

Penny1959
02-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Sorry for delay - been doing other things

Ok so a bit clearer

I agree you should put in for a variation for it all - without giving notice to A because I think Osted would view that better that giving notice to one to have variation for another (sort of contridicits (sp) the continuity of care thing)

As 2 of the children are nursery pick up only (don't forget to state if term time only) and are 3yr olds so independant in a lot of things - you may get it

I have a variation at the moment for 4 under 5's every day - all day - all under 2.5yrs.

Didn't think I would get it - but asked and did - and it is for continuity of care for 2 different children and until they leave my care or go to school.:D

Good Luck - and if don't get it reapply once A has left. Just don't promise the mum anything - explain have to wait for Ofsted's reply.