PDA

View Full Version : free milk

Helen79
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I've just realised that I've been cm'ing for 3 years I've never claimed the free milk.
Is there just 1 place to claim from or are they different ones? If there is which one is recommended for childminders?
Will I be able to backdate my claim?

sarah c
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
i was given i form when i did my childminding briefing in my pack
the number is 08707 203063 or website www.dh.gov.uk

hope this is some help

x

QualityCare
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I have signed up with coolmilk.com, register on line also helpful telephone line, they use your local milk delivery company and take care of the bill themselves so no claiming back. I get mine delivered on a mon, weds and fri in 1pt plastic bottles.

mr man
01-09-2011, 04:50 PM
i got something from my local CM group.

but my milkman has told me to claim of them , as the company i was with had 'poached' me. LL

anyway this is them - www.milk4childminders.com

hth

Mouse
01-09-2011, 05:02 PM
You can claim back the money you have spent on milk from the nursery milk reimbursement unit (google NMRU).

You claim back a month at a time, but only from the date you register with them. You won't be able to get anything back for the previous 3 years.
You claim back the cost of a third of a pint of milk per day for each mindee in the EY age range. So if you usually look after 3 children in the day, you could claim back the cost of 1 pint per day. You only claim back for the actual amount of milk you have provided though, so if you have no children one day, you wouldn't claim anything for that day.

It's really easy to do online.

Here's the link

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/about_the_scheme.html

butterfly
01-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I ued to claim back my milk money but found that very difficult for some reason! I'm now registered with cool milk and get my milk delivered to my door twice a week! It's great! They've recently employed a dedicated childminder team so the process was really easy!

Mouse
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
I ued to claim back my milk money but found that very difficult for some reason! I'm now registered with cool milk and get my milk delivered to my door twice a week! It's great! They've recently employed a dedicated childminder team so the process was really easy!

Do you control how much milk they send or is it a set amount you get regardless of how many children you have?

QualityCare
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
You're asked to let them know how many children you have when you register and then you let them know of any changes, under two get full cream over two's semi skimmed.

Helen79
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for all the links. Looking at all the websites, I'm fairly sure I signed up to the nursery milk when I first starting cm'ing but must have forgotten about doing it. I'll phone them tomorrow.

Mouse
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for all the links. Looking at all the websites, I'm fairly sure I signed up to the nursery milk when I first starting cm'ing but must have forgotten about doing it. I'll phone them tomorrow.

It would be good if you have already registered as you can backdate your claim for 2 years!
I've just submitted my claim today for the last 6 months :thumbsup:

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
i just don't bother, can't be :censored: just goes through with my normal expenses

Pipsqueak
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
It would be good if you have already registered as you can backdate your claim for 2 years!
I've just submitted my claim today for the last 6 months :thumbsup:

how do you back claim???

Helen79
03-09-2011, 06:12 AM
I just worked out the last 2 years and will get about £60 back payment :clapping:

Mouse
03-09-2011, 06:33 AM
how do you back claim???

You can only back claim from the date you were registered with them. You can't get anything back from before then.
Are you registered with the NMRU?

keeks
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
I have signed up with coolmilk.com, register on line also helpful telephone line, they use your local milk delivery company and take care of the bill themselves so no claiming back. I get mine delivered on a mon, weds and fri in 1pt plastic bottles.

I am also with cool milk, they are brilliant. Very helpful and friendly, quick and efficient. I would recommend them to anyone!

http://www.coolmilk.com/

xx