PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Problem

Tealady
01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I re-joined the NCMA at the begining of July. I'd let my membership lapse as I was only minding one non-EYFS child for four before school sessions, therefore was trying to keep my costs down and as not doing EYFS any information wasn't essential. (Before I get berated for not being insured I was and still am with Morten Michel.) I am now minding a one year old full time so wanted to re-join.

However the NCMA took my money but I have not had a thing from them. I chased my membership card 5 times :eek: , still nothing. I am also sure I should have received a Who Minds? magazine by now.

Could somebody just let me know when the last one came out so I can get my facts straight when telephoning them, to chase again.

If I have no joy this time I am thinking of making a complaint and rather reluctantly cancelling my membership. I realise they do more than just send a magazine, hence why I wanted to re-join, but it just makes me cross :angry:

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
The last issue I have is August/September 2011.

I've had a lot of trouble this year not receiving my "Who Minds?" magazine and I got fed up of phoning up and asking them to re-send it.

I'd advise you to e-mail NCMA not phone as I got a much quicker response and the problem got sorted - I also got the name of someone to contact if I had any other trouble.

Good luck

Miffy xx

marleymoo
01-09-2011, 05:03 PM
NCMA have always replied to my emails promptly and their telephone advisors have always been great too. my new card and certificates etc came through within a week of paying. i prefer what NCMA do behind the scenes than the Who Minds magazines so it wouldn't bother me if i didn't get the mag at all. the last issue had 16 pages full of ads, which was a 1/4 of the publication. hasn't been a very interesting read of late :(

Sarahbelle
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I re-joined the NCMA at the begining of July. I'd let my membership lapse as I was only minding one non-EYFS child for four before school sessions, therefore was trying to keep my costs down and as not doing EYFS any information wasn't essential. (Before I get berated for not being insured I was and still am with Morten Michel.) I am now minding a one year old full time so wanted to re-join.

However the NCMA took my money but I have not had a thing from them. I chased my membership card 5 times :eek: , still nothing. I am also sure I should have received a Who Minds? magazine by now.

Could somebody just let me know when the last one came out so I can get my facts straight when telephoning them, to chase again.

If I have no joy this time I am thinking of making a complaint and rather reluctantly cancelling my membership. I realise they do more than just send a magazine, hence why I wanted to re-join, but it just makes me cross :angry:

Best of luck with the phonecalls hun. I left NCMA and toook my insurance out with MM this year. I spent numerous amounts of time phoning NCMA last year because they took my money and never provided me with an insurance certificate. I got fed up with being promised it would be in the post and never turning up.

kblake
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I brought my insurance and membership in June and still havent recieved it! Phoned them 3 times to which the reply is always the same "we've sent it out again it will be with you in 15 working days" Yawn....... Getting fed up with hearing the same sentance over and over again.:angry:

Penny1959
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Please email as Miffy has suggested because then you have it in writing when you asked and their response.

I am not making excuses - because this is not very good service - however there are a lot of changes going on at NCMA at the moment - a lot of staff have lost their jobs and nearly everyone has extra work to do / and or has moved department and so is learning the ropes so to speak.

As I said not excuses - and insurance is too important an issue to mess about with.

So do email them and someone will get back to you - and if they don't - maybe you could PM me with details - I am only a volunteer for NCMA and so have no authority however I do have a habit of saying what needs saying and getting things sorted.

And that goes for anyone having trouble sorting out insurance - if speaking up for one person - I might as well speak up for several - if needed.

Penny :)

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
it's true, NCMA really are having a good old shuffle and lots of really good people have gone. it's very sad. some of them were truly inspirational and so committed to the cause - made me feel quite inadequate, lol. what i have always liked about NCMA though is that their tutors were all, or had all been, childminders themselves. compare this to NVQ assessors or EY foundation degree lecturers - talk about square peg in round hole. might start a new thread to have a good old grinch grumble......