PDA

View Full Version : Happy Land

MaryMary
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
For anyone out there wondering whether Happy Land toys are worth the money, and what age group they are best for....

I have been watching 2 13 year old boys playing with the whole collection for the last hour or so! :laughing: :laughing: And they don't look like they are packing up any time soon :D And to think I bought DS an X Box for his birthday :laughing: :laughing:

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
i am coverting the alien set.

But the Rocket ship is good. Makes sounds and has a little car for it. Its from 12mths to 6yrs i'd say all my kids love them. The pirate ship falls apart too quick, steer clear! i find it a pain in the bum to keep fixing.

MaryMary
01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
DS (13) and friend (neighbour, also 13) are having a really good game, with voices and everything!! I love it that they don't feel they HAVE to grow up too quick and are still happy to just play :D

DS keeps nagging me to get the double decker bus!

kel1983
01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
We got the garage, carwash and roadway plus lots of cars. They ply for ages wit it including the older ones

Tealady
01-09-2011, 01:38 PM
i am coverting the alien set.

But the Rocket ship is good. Makes sounds and has a little car for it. Its from 12mths to 6yrs i'd say all my kids love them. The pirate ship falls apart too quick, steer clear! i find it a pain in the bum to keep fixing.

Mines the other way round, the pirate ship is fine but the doors keep falling off rocket.

Brilliant stuff though (We had a pirate, Prince William and an alien on the school bus this morning and a teacher and a corgi in a little rowing boat)

It is so nice to hear of older children still being children.

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Mines the other way round, the pirate ship is fine but the doors keep falling off rocket.

Top door on rocket does but no problems with the other ones. My pirate ship was from my mum and the masts didn't stay together or the sails on the masts but maybe it was just old?

ziggy
01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
happyland toys are my most played with. I have bought them all from ebay over last 3 years. The only problem is i'm sure some of the people are going home in little pockets but cant prove it:mad:

MaryMary
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Our first one was the train set - bought for DS's first birthday! (12 years ago). He collected it for a while, then we gave it to my cousins. They gave it all back a few years later when i started minding :clapping:

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Our first one was the train set - bought for DS's first birthday! (12 years ago). He collected it for a while, then we gave it to my cousins. They gave it all back a few years later when i started minding :clapping:

I got the train set from a car boot sale - kids love it although it's hardly ever on the tracks, they just like watching it choo choo along the floor! :laughing:

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Keep it quiet :) but my 14 (will be 15 in Nov) DS last week played playmobil with my 11 and 12 yr old mindees. I used to have them full time when they were young and they grew up playing with my DS and playmobil so they all asked for it out again. DD joined in but she just set up scenarios to photograph! Typical of my 17yr old would be photographer. :rolleyes:

Even better - as they are older they tidied it all away at the end and took it back up to the loft room! :laughing:

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Even better - as they are older they tidied it all away at the end and took it back up to the loft room! :laughing:

That's the best bit! :thumbsup: :laughing:

Miffy xx

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Brilliant stuff though (We had a pirate, Prince William and an alien on the school bus this morning and a teacher and a corgi in a little rowing boat)

It is so nice to hear of older children still being children.

sorry to text speak but PMSL!!!! laughed out loud and hubby didn't get it when i explained.

loocyloo
01-09-2011, 08:31 PM
i don't have happy land, but have the fisher price little people and all my mindees have loved playing with it! i remember 2 x 9 yr old boys getting really cross when a LO wanted to play with it with them !!!!

and i have been known to play with the playmobil on my own! :blush:

FussyElmo
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
We have so much happyland and its usually the older ones who like it get it out (all 5 boxes of it) and set it up into fairyland, dinosaur land etc and woe betide the lo's if they mess it up you can hear the moans next doot :laughing: :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
01-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I've got a whole Happyland village that I bought my own girls a few years back. It's all boxed up in the garage and I really need to bring it out more as they love playing with the happyland people which are out all the time.