PDA

View Full Version : How silly of me

kel1983
01-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Just had a lady ring and ask about childcare for her 7week old :eek: 3 days a week 8.30 - 12.30 which I can do.

Well I was doing so much flapping about whilst I was on the phone to her that I forgot to get her name or the babys. I arranged a for her to come and visit on Monday (Got a busy day out and about tomorrow) and she wants him to start on Tuesday :eek: . I didnt even take her number from her. How silly am I.

I think I was in a little bit of shock as I have had so much interest over the last month. This one will fit perfectly with what I already have.

littlecheeks
01-09-2011, 01:02 PM
oh no, never mind! hopefully she will turn up and be none the wiser!
i used to do that all the time so i did a little enquiry form on the computer.
i put down all the important bits you sometimes forget so say, and i fill it in while im on the phone. helps my brain!

funemnx
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Dial 1471 and get her number! :D

kel1983
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Dial 1471 and get her number! :D

Had just thought of that. I'm not sure whether to call her back or just leave it and see if she turns up. She lives just round the corner so I think that helped.

kindredspirits
01-09-2011, 01:39 PM
i've done that before - when she comes in just say 'i'm really sorry but i didn't write down your name when you called' and roll your eyes at yourself :thumbsup: i often forget to ask the childs name but again i just pop it into conversation.... 'you're a handsom little chap, whats your name' - and then obviously mum will say 'bob' (well hopefully not bob but you get the idea)

Goatgirl
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Had just thought of that. I'm not sure whether to call her back or just leave it and see if she turns up. She lives just round the corner so I think that helped.

I'd at least dial the 1471 and note down the number so that you can call to confirm her visit before you get everything set up and ready :thumbsup: .

Good luck: hope you get these hours as they fit so well :)

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Fingers crossed for you :)

Miffy xx

xgemx
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Good luck hope it all works out

Mamma4Ya
02-09-2011, 07:03 AM
i've done that before - when she comes in just say 'i'm really sorry but i didn't write down your name when you called' and roll your eyes at yourself :thumbsup: i often forget to ask the childs name but again i just pop it into conversation.... 'you're a handsom little chap, whats your name' - and then obviously mum will say 'bob' (well hopefully not bob but you get the idea)

Just don't look too shocked if the little one answers you :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

kel1983
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Just don't look too shocked if the little one answers you :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

:laughing: :laughing: