PDA

View Full Version : Burst Water Main

linzi133
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
We have just had the water board going round the street with a loud tannoy stating that there is a burst water main and the water is turned off for 3 hours!....now something in the back of my head says I should close...am I right?

I only have 1 LO and he is fast asleep. I have no water at all...not even in the kettle:panic: (so can't even have a lovely child free cuppa:eek: )

I don't really want to close and send him home ...but........

Can anyone help?

Lindsey

sweets
01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
No i wouldlnt close, dont think my parents would be to impressed if i rang them to collect for just 3 hours without water.

have you any milk or fresh juice in the fridge? or if really desperate them pop to shop for something or even ask the neighbours if they have enough to spare to give the LO a drink.

linzi133
01-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I have drinks for the kids so thats not a problem. I vaguely remember if you don't have hot running water you are not supposed to be open (for washing hands etc). TBH by the time LO wakes up hopefully they will have the leak fixed but the last time it happened it lasted 3 days!!! And they had to bring in water bowsers for us! YIKES I wasn't working at the time so it was ok.