PDA

View Full Version : How often do you clean your toys?

Fraggle1
01-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Hiya!

I tend to clean ones that I see need it as and when, and then I give everything an anti-bacterial wipe down once a month or get the kids to wash them outside if it's nice....does that sound ok? xx

littlecheeks
01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
i think that sounds ok! its a good little activity for the kids too, they love doing grown up jobs.
i also cheat a little bit and the toys that are suitable (plastic ones) i fill the dishwaster up and away it goes! we always do it at the plasychool i work for so i stole the idea!!

marleymoo
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
i wash then wipe over the ones we use daily every day with anti bac wipes. we scald and disinfect all toys that can be put into the mouth weekly. the bigger outdoor equip is cleaned foughly fortnightly, usually by the kids, unless it's obviously dirty in which case it is cleaned then and there

MaryMary
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Things like Duplo/Lego etc can be tied in a pillowcase and put in the washing machine :thumbsup:

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Things like Duplo/Lego etc can be tied in a pillowcase and put in the washing machine :thumbsup:

I put mine in the dishwasher!:D

Miffy xx

miss mopple
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
not as often as I should but I havent killed anyone yet :laughing:

sweets
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Me too! lol

i am a big believer that kids need germs ;)

(makes me sound like a dirty moo but im not really!);)

toys are washed if necc :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
we washed dollies and dolly clothes today...

all put out on a mini line too

mandyxx

Fraggle1
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
lol loving your replies :) sooooo wish I had a dish washer!!

Do you write down when you clean and do ofsted want to see this? or is it a case that they can see if it's clean etc...? xx

loocyloo
01-09-2011, 06:41 PM

thats me as well !!!!

i do the things that are obviously grubby, or when i have a babe/LO mouthing everything, but other than that ...

i have a monthly chart that i write my fridge/freezer temps on, fire drill/smoke alarm test, RAs to check ( one a week ), and toys to clean, again, one 'set' a week .... in theory i then clean them! its a plan anyway! ;)

Fraggle1
01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks hun, think I'll start to write it in my diary when I do it :) xx

Mamma4Ya
02-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Dishwasher and Washing machine sounds good, will have to keep that in mind.

lorimac
02-09-2011, 08:54 AM

me too.... the worlds gone mad with cleaning.....

Bananabrain
02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
This reminds me of the Michael Mc Intyre routine, where he talks about play groups having 'diseased, dirty toys':laughing: Hilarious.
While I'm on the subject if there is anyone who needs a bit of a belly laugh.............read his book. It's fab.

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
i have a mindee who's always got cold sores or hand foot and mouth. i think it's leprosy! i am a bit OCD and clean clean clean. i know i have a problem.