PDA

View Full Version : in the bin

moogster1a
01-09-2011, 06:35 AM
well there you go, hours of work and useless paperwork went in the bin last night as it was 31st August after mindees 5th birthday.
Mum and dad don't want it, ( and I don't blame them).
What a waste of time and effort

miffy
01-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I would be gutted if parents turned round and said they didn't want their children's books :( But then I'd probably keep them myself - I love looking through them and seeing how the lo's have changed.

Miffy xx

lorraine04
01-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Jeeees, what an anti climax!
I think i would have kept them too, i love looking back at stuff we have done together, but then i am a tad sentimental :blush:

Cammie Doodle
01-09-2011, 07:07 AM
I would keep it too, miserable Parents. You could look through it from time to time with the child, they love looking back at what they did when they were younger and having a giggle at the photos etc .

Dragonfly
01-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Think I would of kept it. I find lots of old art work in the attic children have done over the years and have not been wanted at home:(

funemnx
01-09-2011, 07:10 AM
My 2 SIL's are teachers (Reception) and say the records we pass on are never used - I wouldn't mind doing them if they were going to be of some use.....

Chimps Childminding
01-09-2011, 07:18 AM
My 2 SIL's are teachers (Reception) and say the records we pass on are never used - I wouldn't mind doing them if they were going to be of some use.....

We just send ours home with mindee when they have their home visit from reception teacher before they start doing full days at school (and then ask for it back to continue). Our loca lreception teacher (we had had a few go through her class :D ) love our books, but as you say they don't really use them :( I suppose if they have 20+ children who could have been to several nurseries/childminders etc between them, they don't have time or space to do much with them!

I give them to parents (as I will do next week when mindee comes back off hols as she moves into year 1) and then I suppose its up to them what they do with it :rolleyes: Would like to think they will keep it, I know my other mindees mum has kept hers, but at the end of the day its their decision :(

venus89
01-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Keep it, with a note of permission from the parents, then you can use it as evidence for Ofsted......

Mouse
01-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Keep it, with a note of permission from the parents, then you can use it as evidence for Ofsted......

Ofsted aren't usually interested in anything to do with the children who have left and probably wouldn't look at it.

I'd have sent it home with the children if they were leaving & left it up to the parents to decide what they wanted to do with it.
If the child was stopping with me and parents said they didn't want the LJ I'd keep it & add bits to it even though the child is out of the EY age.

marleymoo
01-09-2011, 01:40 PM
one of my LOs is going into year 1 today and he wants to his his LJ here because he loves looking at it with me. he says it will just get ruined at home.

moogster1a
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
it's not the LJ that seems a waste. it's the fact that i have a file full of observations, next steps etc. all linked to 6 areas. With the best will in the world, it's not exactly riveting stuff, and is i suppose a little "technical". Not a scrapbook of stuff parents and child would want to leaf through, but what I thought would be good for OFSTED showing progression, and all the rest of it.