PDA

View Full Version : Resource book

sarah32
31-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Im slowly taking pictures of all my toys, resources and equipment and started to print them off but now im stuck on how Im going to put them together in a book.

Not sure if do do scrap books or stick on a4 sheets of paper and plastic pockets so I can take or remove pictures over time.

Also dont know how to set them out, if to put them under role play, imaginitive, construction, small world, cant think what else:(

Can anyone give me some ideas on what has worked for you please:)

Penny1959
31-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I started to print mine on normal A4 paper and put them in plastic wallets in a ring folder. This way does not costs too much and easy to change a page if something broke and binned.

However I actually now let the mindees view the 'catalogue' on the computer - so no need to print or have yet another folder on the shelf - and at same time 'ticking' some of the ICT box :D Oh and simple to add / delete

Penny :)

sarah707
31-08-2011, 05:38 PM
A friend of mine has hers in a basket in the play area so children can browse through, take out a photo and give it her ... then she goes and gets the resource for them.

Penny I like your idea of computer browsing too! :D

Babycat
31-08-2011, 09:11 PM
in a small 6x4 photo album i got mine out of asda but they are out of stock atm was 4 for £2 - also do that sort of display for choosing snacks and drinks

sarah32
01-09-2011, 07:21 AM
in a small 6x4 photo album i got mine out of asda but they are out of stock atm was 4 for £2 - also do that sort of display for choosing snacks and drinks

Hi

Did you just put pictures in, did you add any description of the items and what they can be used for??

Cammie Doodle
01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I started to print mine on normal A4 paper and put them in plastic wallets in a ring folder. This way does not costs too much and easy to change a page if something broke and binned.

However I actually now let the mindees view the 'catalogue' on the computer - so no need to print or have yet another folder on the shelf - and at same time 'ticking' some of the ICT box :D Oh and simple to add / delete

Penny :)

We have the same as Penny, no printing and best of all ICT into the bargain

Daisy1956
01-09-2011, 07:58 PM
What a good idea Penny. I have mine in a photo album for children to choose but I like the idea of browsing on the computer.

JumpingJacks
01-09-2011, 08:47 PM
I've got mine (words and pics) laminated in a file and then I've got my toy boxes are labelled the same, Then the mindees can take the page out and we can match the page to the box :)

Babycat
02-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi

Did you just put pictures in, did you add any description of the items and what they can be used for??

Yeah words and decriptions too. Just open word and add text box 6X4 and add text. Then when you open the book you have pic above words etc under. I havent printed my CM stuff yet another idea to add to the word blurb is at the bottom in small print the location of the toy either for you to find it quick or child to get it.. discovered that when I was looking for something to take a better picture!

miffy
02-09-2011, 06:53 AM
A friend of mine has hers in a basket in the play area so children can browse through, take out a photo and give it her ... then she goes and gets the resource for them.

That's a nice idea :thumbsup:

Miffy xx