PDA

View Full Version : quick any ideas

disney
09-05-2008, 08:54 AM
just wanted to know if im being unreasonable or not im not sure :idea:
my mindee got dropped of this morning mum doesnt come in just drives off . the problem is she dropped her of at 7am at 7. 01 txt me to say you dont need to pick her up as she will be going to her mates ( she is 7 ) i dont like the idea of her going with some one else . what about hand over ? im also worried as in my paper work the only people who have signed to take her is mum , dad , nanna shouldnt she have gave me a note or some thing .

please can anyone give me quick advice before the end of school x

Polly2
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
This happened to me yesterday but it was p/group not school.

I just made sure she had informed p/group who was picking up. My view is that the school have responsibility of child until I pick up so mum needs to inform them iyswim.

Hope this is of some help x

Banana
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Keep the text message, dont erase it.

If thats what the mum has said then go along with it, its not your responsibility if you have been told not to collect her

x

miffy
09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Good idea of Lana's to keep the text message

But I would still make sure that the school are aware you are not picking up tonight - that is mum's responsibility so text her (and save your message) to ask her to let school know

miffy xx

mum22
09-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi
I would def text her and tell her to tell the school and like has been said - keep your texts.
helen

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I would not be happy about this if it were me

I think the parent is bang out of order not to just come and tell you to your face and instead sends you a text message

I would do what every one else suggested and keep the message and let her know you expect her to inform the school

Apart from that there is not a lot you can do - just keep the messages

Angel xx

mrsb
09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Yep I agree with the others, I'd send a text back to mum.:)

Pipsqueak
09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
In agreement about sending mum message as well (keep both sets of messages and any subsquent ones).

I would also then send a note to the mum or see her face to face and just explain that you weren't happy with the situation and in future she needs to do it xxxx way.... cite your insurance/handover/ofsted regs etc.....

disney
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
ok thanks every one will keep the txt message . dont know about her informing the school as i shes nearly 8 i dont think the teachers are aware who picks her up .wouldnt have thought so as her brother who is 12 does it twice a week .may be i worry to much and i was a bit :censored: off as she must of sat in the car this morning to txt me when she could have spoken to me instead x

susi513
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Bit late now, but I don't think you need to worry. If she's just saying you don't need to pick up from school then she's cancelling childcare, just the same as if she phoned and said she's not coming tomorrow. All I would do is write on the attendance form the morning hours of attendance and put absent for the after school session. Doesn't affect her bill of course.

I get this every week. B**dy annoying but nothing I can do as far as I can see I am getting paid NOT to work iyswim. I have a child booked for 3 after school sessions but is also booked into after school clubs etc. I'm just back up in case the activity is cancelled or she doesn't feel like going. I used to get cross traipsing up the school only to find she wasn't coming. Then I decided being paid til 6 when I've only had a 5 min walk isn't so bad really. Especially as its only rarely I don't have to collect other children.

It would be different if the friend was collecting the child from your home and there would be a handover from you to the third party. That gets complicated because you need to know the person collecting is the person mum arranged to collect. Which sometimes means asking for id etc. As well as having written permission from mum for this person to collect the child.

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 10:06 PM
How did it go today disney?

Angel xx

disney
10-05-2008, 11:32 AM
well after reading what every one else had said i think maybe i was over reacting a bit so decide to enjoy my free time & well i did get paid so its not like im out of pocket . but i still went down to the school to make sure her friends mum was thier to pick her up ( needed to make sure ) :thumbsup: x