PDA

View Full Version : Fingers and toes are tightly crossed..

JCrakers
31-08-2011, 10:24 AM
After nearly a whole year with no enquiries and a let down two weeks ago I eventually had a lovely family round on Sunday.

They went away quite pleased (I think) and Im just waiting for them to decide and get back to me. Think they are deciding between me and a nursery so all my fingers, toes and any other part of my body that can be crossed are all tightly crossed for the good news.

Becky

Mamma4Ya
31-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I shall cross all mine for you too, good luck, and keep us posted.:)

sarah707
31-08-2011, 01:47 PM
All crossed :D

lulubelle
31-08-2011, 02:04 PM
good luck x

JCrakers
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Ah well....another no. Apparently the 2 mile drive to my house is too far ??

Onwards and upwards. Think I will just stop looking now and just concentrate on my 2.5yr old mindee although I cant cope when its so quiet :panic:
She needs a friend to play with and will be 3 in Jan so off to preschool for her free sessions.

Becky

marleymoo
01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
i'm so sorry it hasn't worked out:(

katie78
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh no thats awful, i will keep everything crossed that something happens soon xxx

Katie

The Juggler
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
sorry it didn't work out hon :(

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Fingers crossed the phone rings again soon

Miffy xx

Mamma4Ya
02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
I am a great believer in everything happens for a reason. There are better things on the horizon for you. :D

Bananabrain
02-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Sorry, things didn't work out.
I know it's been said before, but childcare.co.uk does work. Don't know if you've tried it? I have got a few mindees from there, having said that I have put in lots of time messaging all and sundry!.

JCrakers
02-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Sorry, things didn't work out.
I know it's been said before, but childcare.co.uk does work. Don't know if you've tried it? I have got a few mindees from there, having said that I have put in lots of time messaging all and sundry!.

Its not worked for me. Ive been on it nearly a yr now. Everyone Ive emailed off there doesnt reply. I paid for 3 months so I could contact a lady that was looking for exactly what I offered. Emailed her and nothing...I dont know why parents go on there if they are not serious about any enquiries they get.
Ive advertisied so much but theres no work about at all.

I think the trouble we have in my town is too many nurseries including nunu which was built about 2yrs ago and far too many childminders with new ones appearing very often which is fantastic for them but not good for me :(

There doesnt seem to be a limit to how many nurseries we have. We already had about 8 when Nunu set up.

Becky

nikki thomson
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi, I have to say it's been very quiet here as well, not had an enquiry for months, the only way u seem to get work round here is if u know someone and they recommend u, that's how I got my last lo, and the local nursery has been taking alot of the business away from cm recently, don't know why but parents just seem to prefer a nursery setting than a home based one at the moment, not good for us cm hope it picks up soon. X

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
business slowed down when new purpose built nurseries and after school clubs opened near me too. now, after yrs of g/ment subsidies, they' scheduled to be shut down and flood gates have opened again. karma.