PDA

View Full Version : qualifications

mabel
31-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I have been minding 15 years and many years ago did my ICP and DCP, I think it may have come under the cache heading. as I have more time I thought I would like to do my level 3 in childcare, now my own children have grown up, i thought I may move into a nursery setting - years ago local college ran the courses in the evening - but this does not seem to happen now?
how do you all do your further training/qualification ?
have you taken the level 3 via on line courses ? I feel I have lots of experience but would like to back this up with a higher qualification?
any advice for other similar to me would be welcome
thanks

marleymoo
31-08-2011, 10:27 AM
i think the old qual route was ICP, DCP and ECP, at the end of which i think you got a level 3 equivalent qual, so if you stopped at DCP then i think that is the equivalent of a level 2. i would check this with the NCMA though. regardless, if you're thinking of going into a nursery setting then you will probably be better off doing the NVQ level 3 Certificate of Professional Development in Work with Children and Young People as it's generic to any childcare/nursery/school setting, whereas ICP,DCP and ECP is for childminding only.

hope this helps,x

blue bear
31-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I looked up nvq providers (now diploma) for my area on the Internet and rang round to see who would best suit my needs. I wanted to do the whole thing from home and not attend college.

blue bear
31-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I looked up nvq providers (now diploma) for my area on the Internet and rang round to see who would best suit my needs. I wanted to do the whole thing from home and not attend college.

tulip0803
31-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I did my CCP through the local NCMA office many moons ago.

This year I finished my NVQ L3 CCLD through the local Family Information Service and it was paid for by the council:clapping: . Might be worth speaking to the FIS to see if they are funding any courses in your area.

Good luck

cherry pink
31-08-2011, 05:28 PM
i did my nvq3 with YMCA, it was fully funded by local council i think, great company to deal with and i did it all from home...good luck