PDA

View Full Version : How long to sort an assistant

munch149
31-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Am 11 weeks pregnant and working 8-6 mon-fri and struggling. So tired all the time so think I may get a part time assistant to help me out. I am full so don't mind sharing my income as I can't afford to lose my parents. Just wondered how long the process takes. I want someone self employed maybe even another registered childminder if possible. Plus has anyone ever used an assistant you didn't already know. I have a friend interested but feel she may pull out so will need to advertise the position. Def need someone willing to register so that they can help out more during my last few months so need someone flexible. How would I go about advertising this.

munch149
31-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Plus can I claim maternity allowance if my business is not closed but I am not working cos registered childminder assistant has taken over thanks

marleymoo
31-08-2011, 10:17 AM
CRB takes the longest.

munch149
31-08-2011, 10:25 AM
If they already have one because they registered themselves I assume they won't need to do another one?

snuffy123lulu
31-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I started registering an assistant at end of July. CRB only took three weeks to come through. I then put in a variation request to increase numbers when working with an assistant and that only took 8 days to be approved and new certificate arrive. Just make sure you provide all the information you can to avoid things being returned.

Mamma4Ya
31-08-2011, 11:43 AM
If your business is open and you are working you cannot claim maternity leave.

I was thinking of advertising to find someone looking for an assistant and then when my registration came through we could work together. So there may be others out there who would be willing to work with you.

munch149
31-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Why though because I won't be earning anything. Surely I you own a company but aren't working there you are still entitled to maternity. You wouldn't close the whole business. Then again in this case I suppose you would still make a profit, but I won't be so don't see why I shouldn't be able to I'm just trying to not lose my parents and find a way round it without having to lose all my income when I take time off after having the baby. Any other suggestions

munch149
31-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh and I wouldn't be working another childminder would take on my Los just in my home

marleymoo
31-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Am 11 weeks pregnant and working 8-6 mon-fri and struggling. So tired all the time so think I may get a part time assistant to help me out. I am full so don't mind sharing my income as I can't afford to lose my parents. Just wondered how long the process takes. I want someone self employed maybe even another registered childminder if possible. Plus has anyone ever used an assistant you didn't already know. I have a friend interested but feel she may pull out so will need to advertise the position. Def need someone willing to register so that they can help out more during my last few months so need someone flexible. How would I go about advertising this.

sorry, i missed this bit. if reg CM then no you don't need another CRB. my conditions were just changed to say "when working with another childminder, may..." and then my CM co-worker (i don't think of her, or refer to her, as an assistant) but this other CM will have to make sure that Ofsted are aware that she wants to CM not only from her own home (if that is the case) but to work from yours too so her cert also says "when working with another CM..." Is that any clearer? so far as maternity leave goes, this sounds like a total minefield and i can't offer you any advice on that at all i'm afraid :(
oh, one of my co-workers was a learner in a class i was teaching and i thought, yup, she's the one for me. i guess i was at a slight advantage lol

Mamma4Ya
01-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Why though because I won't be earning anything. Surely I you own a company but aren't working there you are still entitled to maternity. You wouldn't close the whole business. Then again in this case I suppose you would still make a profit, but I won't be so don't see why I shouldn't be able to I'm just trying to not lose my parents and find a way round it without having to lose all my income when I take time off after having the baby. Any other suggestions

'IF' you are working you cannot claim, because you cannot work and claim at the same time.

A simular post was posted on here recently regarding this issue.

If you use an assistant they cannot be left alone so you would have to work and again cannot claim. If you had a registered childminder then they would be allowed to look after the children in their own right as long as they dont go over numbers and you have the parents permission as the mindees will be contracted to you. But I would check.