PDA

View Full Version : Newbie document question

amy douglas
30-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to childminding and will be taking my first mindee in a couple of weeks. I have a question, can I start minding before the parents sign the policies and permission forms? :)

tulip0803
30-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Personally I do not start minding until all forms have been signed. I do it at the same time as the contracts.

Parents need to understnad my P&P to know how I run my service and to be able to sign the contract and agree with the P&Ps.

My permissions include, car travel, bus travel, routine outings, first aid, photographs etc without those I cannot leave the house or treat if accident. If a parent refused to sign then I could not take child on IYSWIM

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to childminding and will be taking my first mindee in a couple of weeks. I have a question, can I start minding before the parents sign the policies and permission forms? :)

i would avoid this as you will be opening yourself to complaints if something happens i.e. they could say they hadn't read policies, to you applying suncream etc. and def. you need emergency medical help permission in place- that is a statutory requirement.

not worth it hon. get mum round before child starts, make her a cuppa and get them signed.:thumbsup:

amy douglas
31-08-2011, 06:29 PM
thankyou for your replies, very helpful. :)