PDA

View Full Version : ALL IKEA HIGH CHAIR OWNERS

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Bought 2 of these, dh is currently adjusting the legs as they dont' fit under my table but can't find instructions to fit the lapbelt!:panic: can anyone help.

I can see how to thread them through but there is nothign to attach them to to keep them secure :blush:

Pandypops
30-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Hiya - we have one and have tied a little knot in the end of each one so they are secure. They are great chairs - easy to store, clean etc... but the belt does leave a lot to be desired.....

I will be interested to see if there is a better way to use the belt!!

kel1983
30-08-2011, 05:03 PM
We bought one of these at the weekend. Used it for the first time today. not very impressed with the lap belt. Not sure if we can attach a reins harness somehow. Im sure this was be a little safer

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 05:12 PM
i've just tied the two ends of mine with a reef knot (my girl guide instincts :laughing: ). It just needs a metal clip or something like the back of car seats. or just a hook moulded onto the plastic at the back - bit of a design flaw really but looking forward to clean seats for a change :laughing:

miffy
30-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm surprised, I thought Ikea were usually hot on safety. I'd complain and see what they say.

Miffy xx

keeks
30-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I've used them years ago but I can't remember the belt design. It looks pretty straight forward in the instructions below, but not sure what it is like to use.

http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instructions/antilop-highchair-baby__86_S03_PUB.PDF

I hope it works out!

xx

singingcactus
30-08-2011, 05:27 PM
We tie a knot too lol

hannahemilie
30-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Bought 2 of these, dh is currently adjusting the legs as they dont' fit under my table but can't find instructions to fit the lapbelt!:panic: can anyone help.

I can see how to thread them through but there is nothign to attach them to to keep them secure :blush:

How are you adjusting the legs? Sawing them off?! I need to do this as Id love it to fit under my Ikea compatable table lol

crazyhazy
30-08-2011, 07:48 PM
A little warning, we have the new style ikea highchair (it folds, black & white, but very similar to the one everyone raves about), DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF REINS! my 11m old mindee managed to fall out of mine while strapped in :panic:

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I've used them years ago but I can't remember the belt design. It looks pretty straight forward in the instructions below, but not sure what it is like to use.

http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instructions/antilop-highchair-baby__86_S03_PUB.PDF

I hope it works out!

xx

fab sussed it with these instructions, thanks keeks. need to slide off the adjuster clip thread it through and reattach the adjuster clip on the back of the high chair! I was trying to push it through the hole like you do with the car seats when you remove the straps!

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 09:57 PM
How are you adjusting the legs? Sawing them off?! I need to do this as Id love it to fit under my Ikea compatable table lol

basically yes. DH is a bit of a dab hand, special saw and a good vice :laughing: take the feet off them put them back on :thumbsup:

hannahemilie
31-08-2011, 11:13 AM
basically yes. DH is a bit of a dab hand, special saw and a good vice :laughing: take the feet off them put them back on :thumbsup:

Fab, I have a handy OH!! And if it goes wrong its only cheap to replace :D

kel1983
31-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Im liking the idea of having it fit under the table. would make it so much easier to store. We have the tray for it but also be nice to have it cloe to the table so they can join the others