PDA

View Full Version : old receipts????

mama&baba
30-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi. i got my registration in june this year and have started having children now in august. problem is, i have receipts from january when i was buyin stuf for childminding in the sales. how do i/can i enter these into the ncma accounts book? as it would fall into the previous tax year when i wasnt registered or working etc. i dont want to fall behind with my accounts. i'm planning to do it weekly as thats how the book is set out but i cant start that yet as i have these receipts dating back before my registration. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

aly
30-08-2011, 04:13 PM
if you staple all the ld receipts together then you can put it in your ncma book as 'startup' costs...as long as you got the the receipts to prove it {guessing they would total more than £10}??

mama&baba
30-08-2011, 07:35 PM
ok thats a gd idea, thank you.
Where would I input this though? at the end of the august weekly sheets where the monthly sheet is isit? as i'v only started this month? thanks again

tulip0803
30-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Just put all your start-up costs together and put them in one line on your accounts book as "Start-up costs". You can either do it on a weekly sheet or in the end of month sheet below the weekly figures. I use NCMA book so not sure what you are using. Put those receipts in an envelope marked start-up costs so HMRC know if they ever check. Does not matter about crossing financial years mine did too so I checked when I re-registered with CSSIW.

mama&baba
30-08-2011, 08:02 PM
fab, thanks. i think i may just be over complicating the situation, i just want to make sure i do it correctly lol

aly
30-08-2011, 08:48 PM
fab, thanks. i think i may just be over complicating the situation, i just want to make sure i do it correctly lol
i think i did that when i started, i was looking at the accounts book a bit too much and thought too much of it lol, it is quite easy really lol.

khlwomitchell
30-08-2011, 08:57 PM
ok thats a gd idea, thank you.
Where would I input this though? at the end of the august weekly sheets where the monthly sheet is isit? as i'v only started this month? thanks again

i just wrote all the item on my first week of work sheet with no dates but with the reciept number. my first week was three pages long! i made a loss of £250 that week!!
every month has 5 week pages for accounts. if you run out of space borrow a page from somewhere and tape it in xxx

aly
30-08-2011, 09:05 PM
i just wrote all the item on my first week of work sheet with no dates but with the reciept number. my first week was three pages long! i made a loss of £250 that week!!
every month has 5 week pages for accounts. if you run out of space borrow a page from somewhere and tape it in xxx

ha ha I did this..in the end i took the bind out of the book and holepunched everything and stuck it in a lever arch file..:p

mama&baba
30-08-2011, 09:10 PM
excellent. its so much better asking questions on here as you understand what is being asked. i tried phoning ncma 2day and they were busy and were suppose to phone back...wel i'm stil waiting lol. and instead i've had instant replies from you all :clapping: