PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel guilty?!

rhea26
30-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I am currently doing some paperwork and planning on laptop while mindee is playing with my ds, I just feel guilty for not being totally involved with them!
They are playing lovely making up imaginary games and I am getting things they need for their games and helping them as they need it but feel bad I'm on here doing paperwork, silly I know!
I did try to input just now but they pretty much ignored me and went their own way!
It's lovely watching them develop their games and play and I know its good for them to lead themselves but I cant help but feel guilty!

miss mopple
30-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I really wouldnt worry. They know where you are if they need you and its good for them to play without adult intervention.

As I type mine are occupied reading stories and playing hama beads. In that time I have taken the opportunity to do some paperwork and catch up with the CYPOP 5 learners I am mentoring. All work stuff and good to do it in work hours for a change :thumbsup:

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I am currently doing some paperwork and planning on laptop while mindee is playing with my ds, I just feel guilty for not being totally involved with them!
They are playing lovely making up imaginary games and I am getting things they need for their games and helping them as they need it but feel bad I'm on here doing paperwork, silly I know!
I did try to input just now but they pretty much ignored me and went their own way!
It's lovely watching them develop their games and play and I know its good for them to lead themselves but I cant help but feel guilty!

don't feel bad, kids don't always want or need us but you are there for when they do.:thumbsup:

JCrakers
30-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Its fine to let kids play without adult intervention.

Mine always enjoying some time without me :D

jaja
30-08-2011, 03:53 PM
dont feel bad, children need to play and interact with others without adults, i tend to watch what the kids do and do observations on them especially when they think that i am not watching you can get some fantastic observations xx

Tealady
30-08-2011, 05:03 PM
dont feel bad, children need to play and interact with others without adults, i tend to watch what the kids do and do observations on them especially when they think that i am not watching you can get some fantastic observations xx

That's exactly what I do. :thumbsup:

stardust
30-08-2011, 10:41 PM

I went on a child development course and the lady in charge was a child psychologist and she stressed that children develop their imaginary skills quicker when they are playing on their own or with other children as they are on the same wavelength. Apparently when a adult is involved in a child's role play the role play becomes based around the adult and impedes the development. (hard to explain but basically you should sit back and 'watch/supervise' without becoming involved we were told to observe) so just think of it they are bonding, developing their imaginations.