PDA

View Full Version : Eeep advice on pre reg and new job

Kezzle
30-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Hello

Well i've not been on in about a month! As it's all go here. I am due to start a new full time job on sunday and typically i just recieved the phone call about my pre reg visit today! They took thier time, i had finished all training/ofsted forms by end of july. Anyway. I've had to ask the lady to ring me back wednesday as i am due to start this new job and wanted the childminding as back up. She said she could put my reg on hold for a few weeks if i wanted? Anyone done this before? What happens with that?

I am not ready at all I did get a few policies and procedures sorted during training but no risk assessments. Panic stations now!

sarah707
30-08-2011, 06:02 PM
If you are not ready then Ofsted won't rush to come out and see you... I imagine they are busy enough with inspections etc so they will put you back to the bottom of the queue if you are happy with that.

If you still have lots of stuff to do and you are not actively looking for work it might be ok for a few weeks but remember your courses might time expire!!

Good luck :D

kblake
30-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I never had anything in place when I had my visit. The ofsted lady was really nice and said I didnt need to have anything set up, just have my first aid cert there and a note pad so I can jot down notes.