PDA

View Full Version : If a parent whats you to increase their days?

Tippy Toes
30-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi All

I currently look after a little one three days a week.

Parent wants to increase days to five days a week (so full time)

I have the 2 extra days available as of 3rd week of sept but parent wants full time care to start 10th October ( So 5 wks after i have space available)

Would you keep the space free until the 10th of October?

Parent is asking would she have to pay a deposit for the days?

Thanks for any help :)

MaffAnna
30-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi. If parent is a good one, I would just keep the days for them. Get a letter stating when contract change would take effect, but I wouldn't charge a deposit. I'd be interested to know what others do. :)

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 01:31 PM
i would do the same as MaffAnna,x

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 03:48 PM
same here!

miffy
30-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Having been messed about by a parent who booked extra days then changed their mind, leaving me in a situation where I had turned away work I could have taken I would not keep any days for anyone without a month's money up front (for the extra days). It would be non-refundable if they changed their minds or offset against the first month's extra fees otherwise.

Miffy xx

Goatgirl
30-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Having been messed about by a parent who booked extra days then changed their mind, leaving me in a situation where I had turned away work I could have taken I would not keep any days for anyone without a month's money up front (for the extra days). It would be non-refundable if they changed their minds or offset against the first month's extra fees otherwise.

Miffy xx

I'd go this route too. :thumbsup:

missymood
30-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd go this route too. :thumbsup:

Ditto:thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
30-08-2011, 06:17 PM

Miffy xx

I agree

Charge a 'retainer' (half fees for the 5 weeks) that way the space is 'reserved' until the contract is signed, and as the space is earning you won't feel too bad if you have to turn work away in the meantime.
I'd also, if you do have additional enquiries, let prospective parents know that you have possibly got a space from the oct but depends on the current parent's decision so would put them on a 'waiting list' in case the space isn't taken iyswim

marleymoo
31-08-2011, 06:52 PM
others seemed to have had their fingers burned in this way and so i would go with their advice. if it had ever happened to me too, i would do the same as these it's just that it never has happened to me.