PDA

View Full Version : What's in your bag?

snufflepuff
30-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a huge bag which always seems to be full to bursting. There's a change of clothes per child, several for those who are potty training, a portable potty and liners, hats, sun cream, nappies, wipes, beakers, snacks, tissues, my purse, I have a little zipped bag with emergency contact details, first aid kit, gloves, calpol sachets, teething gel, arnica cream etc. I've usually got a little lunch bag with me too. It's driving me mad to be honest!!!
I have tried having a small rucksack per child and a normal sized handbag for me, plus lunch bag- but it was a pain, just too many different bags to keep track of.
When it's just me and my son I have to move just the bits I need in to a smaller bag which over time means I have bits and pieces in several different places and I inevitably lose or forget things!

keeks
30-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I wish I could help, but I have exactly the same problem. The other minders in the area only have a little changing bag or small backpack. I've got this monster of a hiking backpack, with straps and all sorts! :laughing:

I don't know how to downsize, I think I just need a different style of bag (a Mary Poppins one preferably). :D

I'm buying two pannier bags for my buggy from Miss Mopple, I'm hoping that will solve some of my problems. I'll let you know how it's working out.

Good luck, I'll be following this post to pick up some tips.

xx

loocyloo
30-08-2011, 10:51 AM
in my back pack i have a small travel first aid kit, and a nappy roll with a nappy for each child/wipes etc ( just one nappy roll, not several! ). i take spare clothes for those that need them ( plus a selection of socks for some reason that live in my bag! ;) ) i usually have a water bottle & some plastic cups and a snack pot of crackers or similar.

plus my purse/camera & phone

in my car i keep a change of clothes for each child, plus assorted sunhats etc. plus first aid kit!

when i'm out from home with my buggy, i keep a first aid kit and nappy roll under the buggy, plus a bottle of water and some plastic cups and a snack pot!

i think when you have babes its harder as you need so much more for them, but as they get older, they wear the hats etc and don't need spare clothes!

i think the trick is to have a smaller bag! and then you CAN'Ttake so much with you!;)

snufflepuff
30-08-2011, 11:03 AM
i think the trick is to have a smaller bag! and then you CAN'Ttake so much with you!

Lol, I wish this was true- if my bag gets full I just use a second bag!!

PixiePetal
30-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I have a back pack. Large part has nappy roll with 2 nappies in (only 1 mindee with nappies) spare trousers and socks, sun cream and hat, reins. Smaller pocket has first aid kit, emergency info, water bottle and beaker. Little pocket at the top has camera and my sunglasses for if the sun ever comes out!

I also take a small kipling bag for my purse, money, bus ticket, etc. hanging diagonally at my front

under the buggy - portable potty etc , raincover and pump for buggy :thumbsup:

Will have a new baby starting in 2 weeks so will have more in the backpack :rolleyes: and more spare clothes as mindee potty training

sweets
30-08-2011, 12:02 PM
i have a satchel type bag, its got camera, phone and purse in front pockets, plus hand gel.

in main bit i have small changing mat, wipes and sacks and put nappies in from the childrens own bags as needed.

i have a change of clothes that i bought that will fit any sized child! lol, i pair of leggings aged 2 so will fit a 2 year old nicely, will fit a younger child rolled up and on a larger child they will be cropped, also got a t shirt and underwear. Cant be doing with taking an outfit for each child as would be to much to carry, if my spare set is needed then i just chang the child into thier own clothes when we get home, and wash the spares.

also got small first aid kit and just pack any snacks/drinks needed for the day.

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 12:11 PM
i think the trick is to have a smaller bag! and then you CAN'Ttake so much with you!;)

works for me. i have cash card, mobile phone, car keys, lip gloss, anti bac hand wipes.

singingcactus
30-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I have a huge bag which always seems to be full to bursting. There's a change of clothes per child, several for those who are potty training, a portable potty and liners, hats, sun cream, nappies, wipes, beakers, snacks, tissues, my purse, I have a little zipped bag with emergency contact details, first aid kit, gloves, calpol sachets, teething gel, arnica cream etc. I've usually got a little lunch bag with me too. It's driving me mad to be honest!!!
I have tried having a small rucksack per child and a normal sized handbag for me, plus lunch bag- but it was a pain, just too many different bags to keep track of.
When it's just me and my son I have to move just the bits I need in to a smaller bag which over time means I have bits and pieces in several different places and I inevitably lose or forget things!

:eek: :eek: I have 1x nappy per child (inside of which I have 1 nappy bag, 1 pair gloves and four wipes ready for use). Small bottle of anti bac, 10 additional wipes in, wrist strap.

In addition each child carries a small cup of water on a carabiner hook which I hook on my/their belt loop if needed.

When I have a potty training child I take pants and lightweight trousers as spare.

I do have a first aid kit in the pram, but it stays in there cos all places I take the kids have first aid kits on premises.

I don't take snacks out cos I'm quite confident in the knowledge that in the last 20 years of providing childcare no child has ever starved to death during toddler groups etc :laughing:

I always apply any suncream before we go out, and would always have them back home by the time a further application was needed, so don't carry that.

Less is better...

jaja
30-08-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=singingcactus;975859]
I don't take snacks out cos I'm quite confident in the knowledge that in the last 20 years of providing childcare no child has ever starved to death during toddler groups etc :laughing:

QUOTE]

Oh this made me laugh, you have cheered me up today xxxxxxxx

missymood
30-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I use all day suncream and works a treat on babies too. Calypso all day cream:thumbsup: only have to apply once

kel1983
30-08-2011, 06:09 PM
depending on how long im planning on staying out. I usually take a nappy per child (lukily 2 children are in the same size so put 3 spares in) wipes, small first aid kit, hand gel, reins, book with important numbers in, nappy sacks and gloves (these dont take up much room) suncream which I can use on all the children and a purse, mobile phone and keys for me.

Drinks fit in the pushchair pocket. I dont take spare clothes out unless I have a potty trainer